Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Just 2 days away from the Historic Day !

6 hours ago, jcomm said:

I'm getting ready to hit the Buy button for the first 64 bit derivate of the Good Old MSFS !!!

Steam platform is installed, no games actually installed ( I have there MS FLIGHT and two DLCs for it, FSX:SE, IL2 CloD and Aerofly FS 1 and 2 ) - eagerly awaiting DTG FSW !

Then, after installing ( and making sure I make a system image, just in case and given the latest events on the Cyber World... ),

Fine tuning to make it run properly on my i5 2500 + GTX 960 4 GB in Win 10 Pro 64, with 16 GB DDR3 RAM is probably going to be my first experience, followed by proper controller assignements...

Then I'll start the usual circuits around LPPT, with increasing levels of weather nastiness :-), and I'll probably have a LPPT - LPMN $100 hamburger...

:ha:

Talk about putting the cart before the horse! DTG have done nothing to prove themselves. look at DT Flight school! it was a disappointment and pulled! i have zero faith in them and will not waste a cent until its proven itself on the market.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

4 hours ago, Piotr007 said:

Co*k. I guess I misunderstood this malicious topic.

Oh... that one.

We will see if it is going to be a golden nugget. Fingers crossed.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

1 hour ago, petkez said:

Talk about putting the cart before the horse! DTG have done nothing to prove themselves. look at DT Flight school! it was a disappointment and pulled! i have zero faith in them and will not waste a cent until its proven itself on the market.

Meh, I just ordered a 2TB Hybrid drive to host this beasticle called FSW.  Proofs in the puddin and my bowl is awaiting that FSW puddin.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

10 hours ago, angeli662 said:

Me too. WARNING - But I see any criticism in 10 minutes of the launch which is very likely here I am going to loose it.:angry:

Oh hell, it's too late for that, it hasn't even been released yet, and people have shredded FSW!

Well. 40 GB of disk space shows that for sure decent scenery comes with this install...

I know I am not a good representative of the typical FSX user, because apart from the base install, ORBX FTX Global and Aerosoft Madeira, but my FSX and FSX:SE installs never reached anywhere near that level of disk use...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ha, already, without it being released, we have the.. "I'm not going to buy it because........" (just fill in the gap)

Just remember, this is an early access release, so, it's obviously an incomplete paid beta launch, that DTG want the community to troubleshoot & debug for them.. 

And people are exited about this??

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

9 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Ha, already, without it being released, we have the.. "I'm not going to buy it because........" (just fill in the gap)

Just remember, this is an early access release, so, it's obviously an incomplete paid beta launch, that DTG want the community to troubleshoot & debug for them.. 

And people are exited about this??

I am Wobbie, at least as excited as I was when I knew of the imminent release of MS FLIGHT, in 2011 ....

I just and very sincerely hope FSW get's a track of success and joy for all users along it's - long - existence!

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

9 hours ago, petkez said:

I guess you don't mind others spending their dosh in order to prove it or not ? Somebody has to. Don't worry its cheaper than taking the wife out to dinner so I don't mind :biggrin:

Regarding being Early Access, that's actually what I've been using in Aerofly FS 2, DCS, IL.2 Battle of..., X-Plane 10 and 11, and even Prepar3d which is pretty much in permanent beta...

When not in EA I the platform, I sometimes am in EA in the add-ons... So, this is the new business model, and it's here to stay...

Also, I prefer to deal with a developer who has shown it cares about their users feedback, and is willing to continue to listen to their user community along the development cycle of their platform. What more can I ask for ?

Sooner than latter I strongly believe some mainstream 3pds will join the project and start offering their old and new add-ons for DTG FSW.

• Upvote 3

Main Simulation Rig:

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

I am Wobbie, at least as excited as I was when I knew of the imminent release of MS FLIGHT, in 2011 ....

I just and very sincerely hope FSW get's a track of success and joy for all users along it's - long - existence!

I sincerely wonder what gets you so excited for this release? You know (and probably own) every sim out there so... what makes FSW so special? What do you think will be the difference between FSW and other FSX spin-offs? This is a sincere question, I am not being sarcastic or rethorical. 

For a start, the fact that it is finally 64 bit, comes by default with ORBX scenery covering the whole World, without users having to pay for FTX Global, a fleet of default aircraft that looks by far superior to default FSX aircraft, it's supposedly optimized for modern hardware, even if not VR ready ( no problem for me because I do not plan to ever use VR... ).

Then, being an open project, in Early Access, 3pds offering tools for such important areas like weather modelling, AI Traffic, ATC, working together with DTG, may bring to the platform what we have been lacking for years in FSX, and, given the business model, under a more accessible ( price-wise ) offer, and better integration, since the way add-ons are deployed looks more under the control and coordination of DTG than FSX ever was regarding MS and the Aces...

It also fulfils my mandatory requirements: proper daylight and Moon phases and ephemeris!

Not to mention that, just as with MS FLIGHT, I would rather prefer to buy from a platform like Steam than through a myriad of developers with their own stores.... and upgrade / price strategies...

The only aspect that is not perfect for me is the underlying FDM still being MSFS-based to the core, but A2A, Milviz even Carenado and most probably Aerosoft, and many other quality developers are capable of producing excellent add-ons that made my experience with FSX a very rewarding one.

Then, what are the alternatives ?  If I want better flight dynamics my only options are DCS World or IL.2 Battle of, with Aerofly FS 2 also being very promising but moving so slowly that I don't know when I will get a complete / complex aircraft model in an environment that can offer what I have had for years in MSFS and derivates...

Main Simulation Rig:

I'm not buying anything. I'll just download it as an offer for purchasing FSSchool :)

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I far prefer free enterprise, than being tied down to one distributor. Having all of one's eggs in one basket, for me, is a no-no.

What happens if this thing is a dead loss, as Flight School was... or was Flight School a beta test launch? Remember, they 'gave' an additional plane away to 'early adopters'?

As for now giving this  for free to those that bought Flight School...........the more I think about it, the more manipulative the whole process seems to be...

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

13 hours ago, angeli662 said:

Me too. WARNING - But I see any criticism in 10 minutes of the launch which is very likely here I am going to loose it.:angry:

I'm expecting criticism, we're launching in Early Access and have a lot of planned content to further improve the simulator. 

That said, I'd rather people keep the criticism constructive, so I have something I can work with. Regardless I'm looking forward to seeing what you all think of FSW. 

• Upvote 3

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch