Sign in to follow this  
Chobber

GTN750/EICAS Mod

I have done this for myself, so there is a heavy dose of personal preference here, but if anyone is interested in this MFD mod PM me your email and I'll send instructions (batches as and when).

It incorporates the F1 GTN750, and tidies up some of the EICAS elements that bugged me.  The list I can remember:  Shortened text fields that were creeping out of the eicas.  Fixed the "DIFF PSI" chopped text.  The electrical gauge's source data slightly changed (still faked, but uses the load as the base for one of the figures now so semi useful).  Electrical gauge's letters on the indicators font changed and position moved on the arrow slightly to be somewhat readable.  Removed the letter from the volt meter and changed "CAS" to better match the documentation.

17V4tYU.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Hello Chobber,

Very nice work! I was hoping someone would do this to the Meridian, the last obstacle to prompt me to buy it. PM sent.

-Bob

Thanks Chobber... great mod..

One question... I don't seem to be getting a glideslope on any approach. Is any experiencing this? I tried multiple at KTPA.... I know the airport so I know when I am on glideslope so I hit APPR and it did work....but no visual glidslope on the PFD....

You're welcome!  I tried a couple of ILS 1L approaches at KTPA, one in the vanilla and one with the GTN, is this not what you are seeing?   Are you using the navigraph extension package addon from Carenado?

aIV63Sp.jpg

5aV7Pkm.jpg

Correct. I do not get the GS in the PFD next to the altitude tape when I load an appr in the GTN. For example - load the GPS LPV appr RWY 1R KTPA. FLy the approach. The localizer is displayed in the PFD but the GS never displays. In the above pic did you load the appr in the GTN?

I do not have the extension packs.

Got you, no this was an ILS using just the nav radio.   I don't have the extension pack either, and the stock G1000 isn't capable of doing these approaches.   I would be interested to hear if anyone with the extension has tried the mod and how that behaves with gps approaches both in the G1000 and GTN.

I'll start digging through XML :)

2 hours ago, Chobber said:

I'll start digging through XML :)

So....   I don't see any magenta elements in the vertical deviation indicator for vnav at all, no magenta glideslope elements.  All that is there is the green indicator for loc ils approaches.  Tempted to grab the expansion for a look and see if vnav displays work there, and how the LPV approaches are handled.

In my experience, the glideslope indication will not appear doing a GPS approach with LPV/VNAV. However, the autopilot will follow the vertical portion of the approach even if it's not indicated. I put a small pop up RDMI gauge in which will show the vertical guidance. Once the autopilot couples to it, I close the pop up.

Thanks for looking into this.... If I recall in past GTN retrofits by Bert, he did modify the PFD files to see the glidslope. I use his mod in the CJ and it is there on GPS approaches loaded in to the GTN. I will send him a PM to ask if there is something in particular... I am not the best in xml but perhaps Bert can shed some light......?

22 hours ago, FLIGHTO said:

...modify the PFD files to see the glidslope...

I've mailed you some test files if you could put it through it's paces and come back to me, I've not had time to test it very much at all!

Thanks for all your help FLIGHTO!    The GS will now display in magenta on a GPS approach.