Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

What do I need to Know/Get - If I Get XP11 - A newbie

Take your time, read a lot of stuff before jumping in. If you by payware, make sure it is compatible with X-Plane 11. Lot of older aircraft's are been updated. I did not bother with XP-10_HD Mesh V3 until it XP-11 HD Mesh. In my opinion, here are the plug-ins you should get; FlyWithLua, x-camera and XPRealistic Pro.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, michelh said:

Take your time, read a lot of stuff before jumping in. If you by payware, make sure it is compatible with X-Plane 11. Lot of older aircraft's are been updated. I did not bother with XP-10_HD Mesh V3 until it XP-11 HD Mesh. In my opinion, here are the plug-ins you should get; FlyWithLua, x-camera and XPRealistic Pro.

I'll check those out thanks.

So what I'm doing right now is starting with downloads for stuff that appears to be good for enhancements like HD mesh V3 and misterX6 etc. And reading while downloads are happending, and installing bits and checking out how they look.

Its busy busy that's for sure.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Yeah it's actually a lot like FSX/P3D - adding a bunch of stuff over time and tweaking it all.  If you really want a lot of mods you will end up spending a lot of time tweaking.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes tweaking is fun, now I got mine running between 30 to 55 fps in 2560 x 1440 resolution. I tried  3840 x 2160 resolution but I find the cockpit dials lettering too small and frame rate drop by 10. Between 2k and 4k not much difference in the landscape. Now I have it all on a 500gig SSD drive. My ortho4xp files are on a separate 2T drive 7200rpm and I have all the files shortcut to that drive in my custom  scenery.

50 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yeah it's actually a lot like FSX/P3D - adding a bunch of stuff over time and tweaking it all.  If you really want a lot of mods you will end up spending a lot of time tweaking.

7 minutes ago, michelh said:

Yes tweaking is fun, now I got mine running between 30 to 55 fps in 2560 x 1440 resolution. I tried  3840 x 2160 resolution but I find the cockpit dials lettering too small and frame rate drop by 10. Between 2k and 4k not much difference in the landscape. Now I have it all on a 500gig SSD drive. My ortho4xp files are on a separate 2T drive 7200rpm and I have all the files shortcut to that drive in my custom  scenery.

Totally funny, its so addicting, wanting to keep making things better, and so it goes....the hobby part of simming. If I didn't enjoy it I would move on to something else....its the challenge!  Although there have been days when I drank too much coffee and could have tossed the whole thing out the window.

• Upvote 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

45 minutes ago, michelh said:

Stop the coffee, it will bring hypertension :biggrin:

"So, you suggest that I should cut down from my 8-12 cups per 24 hours?  Apparently not good (latest data) for the Prostate...it seems that coffee ingestion, keeps those nasty cancer cells at bay.  As for hyper, well in my case, in life enthusiasm, my wife still can't separate the defining line of my love for java, or my 'was born with' love of life.  She has given up...and buys me my Dark Roast as always..."  ;)

Ses 

Edited by Sesquashtoo