Sign in to follow this  
SolRayz

Please read

Please focus on rectifying critical issues that severely impede on immersion. Issues that cause stutters while panning or slewing around, are unacceptable and should have the highest priority as a developer, in my humble view. Moving around via keyboard or other means, is far to jerky, particularly in outside view.  Also transitioning between presets, again,  in outside view, is still far to jerky and unpredictable. Ezdok smoothness should be your end goal. You have an incredible UI, but  execution still needs improvement. New additions, like community repositories are nice, but solving immersion issues, is far more important.

• Upvote 2

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Hi,

We certainly appreciate your feedback. Performance is being worked on everyday and is definitely a priority for us. We currently don't have a large enough sample of people having issues with the smoothness of the camera motion to diagnose anything.

Things I need:

1. Simulator used;
  2. Computer hardware and software specs,
  3. Hardware input devices used (Controllers, keyboard and mouse);
  4. Simulator settings (Framerate limiters, Average FPS and any potentially useful info); 
  5. Any steps you might have taken to rectify the situation 
  6. I would also like to know the CPU usage of the sim, ChasePlane and the total average when the issue occurs.
  7. I need to know if it is happening with UI Controls, Mouse, Keyboard, Controllers, and with any of them specifically or simply all of them?
  8. Are you seeing stutters in turbulence as well?

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

2 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Hi,

We certainly appreciate your feedback. Performance is being worked on everyday and is definitely a priority for us. We currently don't have a large enough sample of people having issues with the smoothness of the camera motion to diagnose anything.

Things I need:

1. Simulator used;
  4. Simulator settings (Framerate limiters, Average FPS and any potentially useful info); 
  6. I would also like to know the CPU usage of the sim, ChasePlane and the total average when the issue occurs.
  7. I need to know if it is happening with UI Controls, Mouse, Keyboard, Controllers, and with any of them specifically or simply all of them?

Regards,
Keven

1. P3D latest version \ Latest Chaseplane Alpha

2. i7 2700K OC 4.6Ghz w/ASUS GTX970

3. TrackIR \ Saitek Pro Cessna Rudder pedals and yoke w/throttle quad \ Generic 104 key Keyboard \ Razer Tartarus Keypad and Mamba Mouse

4. No Framerate Limiters \ Vanilla Prepar3d.cfg \ Unlimited set ingame \ Average FPS 45 

5. Unable to rectify situation \ Attempted to limit frames at 30 \ 45 \ 60, Makes no difference

6. Will update this info later

7. Long stutters when moving outside position with mouse or keyboard. Test case: Position yourself in outside view facing the aircraft, and move around the aircraft. Stutters will occur. performing the same scenerio with ezdok, no stutters. Possibly something to do with affinity or cpu assignment settings? Attempted to manually switch cpu affinity in chaseplane settings, but no change or improvement. Currently set to auto. 

8. Have not noticed stutters in turbulence.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

13 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Hi,

Things I need:

1. Simulator used;

Regards,
Keven

1. P3D V3.4.22.19868 Chaseplane v0.2.32 and v0.2.36 (problem started in v32 and still present in v36)
  2. Asus G75VW gaming laptop (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7 3610QM @ 2.30GHz, 12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz, 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M, 238GB LITEONIT LAT-256M3S (SSD), 931GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB (SSD))
  3. Thrustmaster Joystick and throttle, Saitek Pro Pedals, Razer Blackwidow Keyboard, Madcatz MMO mouse)
  4. Unlimited frames getting about 30 FPS Average, and 40 over ocean/sea
  5. nothing
  6. it happens sat at the gate when using 40% CPU and also in situations when CPU usage is in the high 90s
  7. all
  8. no just just when changing camera or moving the view