Sign in to follow this  
Guest jprj

Visibility-"box" problem

Guest janpfs

Hi all.I think I have seen this problem discussed before, but I just can`t find exactly that with the search-function. So here we go:When my view-distance/visibility is in the lower end, i.e. 3000 meters, I am flying in a 3000x3000 m. box. But only when I am below appr. 8000 ft. Then I will get up in clearer conditions, and all looks fine. If I am flying in haze, that looks OK. Until I get up to 3000 ft.Has it something to do with visibililty-layers? I have tried all kind of settings. Or maybe it`s graphic-card related? I have ATI Radeon 9200SE, and running Direct X9.0 And of course latest drivers.Different texture-downloads does`nt help. The problem occurs both with real-world-weather and user-defined.Could registered FSUIPC and ActiveSky help? (I`m buing those anyway.)I am beginning to miss FS2002 weather...:-(Regards, Jan

Hi Jan,What you describe is exactly how the FS9 "visibility ceiling" or "haze layer" works. In AS you have the ability to turn off this effect and use fully AS-controlled visibility handling. Some prefer this method. Unfortuantely the one unrealistic effect that plagues as all is the visibility transition through 10sm, where the skies suddently seem to "clear" or "sock in" as vis goes above or below this point. We've tried for over a year (countless hours) now to make this better, and believe that we have made a big difference with all the options available, but it is still not perfect. This is the #1 item we are hoping is addressed in the future version of FS...The best options to use (at the moment) to combat this "feature" is disable FS9 haze layer, and use the "soft horizon day" Sky color sets. You can also use force minimum and maximum visibility options to control the vis (i.e. prevent it from dropping below 10sm and avoiding this problem altogether, at the expense of not experiencing acurate lower vis if reported).Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest jprj

Thank you for your answer, Damian.I will get AS, to get some improvements.:-)