Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Ops Center gone missing from win 10 Start

Guest JustanotherPilot

I tried to install some new liveries for the 737NGX via the PMDG Ops Center, went to the start menu in Win 10 and found the entry blanked out, I went to the folder where it is installed and tried to run the PMDG Operations Center.exe file direct and get the following error.

opscentererror_zpsonu4hmsm.jpg

I have made no changes to my PC but for some reason PMDG won't allow me access. The PMDG Operations Center Updater works fine. Where I can I download a separate PMDG Operations Center installation so that I don't need to install my PMDG 737NGX(Prepar3D) again.

steve

Typo. Meant to say Operations Center. Tried to edit my post, but the post itself isn't even showing up in the edit box for me TO edit.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

8 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

I have made no changes to my PC but for some reason PMDG won't allow me access.

This is definitely not us preventing you access in some way. Sounds a lot like you have an anti-virus program interfering in some way. If you have an aftermarket AV program, this is likely the cause.

Kyle Rodgers

I've seen a couple of posts in the past two weeks related to this.  Several AV programs are tagging the OC as unreliable and sending it to quarantine, or worse deleting it.  Get rid of the AV.  Windows Defender has been very reliable with only one minor quirk easily fixed.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest JustanotherPilot

I deleted all of the files in the folder and ran the Updater...all good now, I then quarantined folder from Kapersky.

Thanks All.

JustanotherPilot - I have had exactly the same problem and also use Kaspersky. When you say 'you deleted all of the files in the folder and ran the updater' - can you clarify which files in which folder you deleted - as I have deleted the operations centre file and ran the updater and still got the problem.

Sorted the problem - found the files to delete in C;\Program Files (X86)\PMDG Operations Centre and when I ran the updater - all was restored. Happy Flyer now......................

Edited by SquadronLeader

George Westwell

6 hours ago, SquadronLeader said:

JustanotherPilot - I have had exactly the same problem and also use Kaspersky. When you say 'you deleted all of the files in the folder and ran the updater' - can you clarify which files in which folder you deleted - as I have deleted the operations centre file and ran the updater and still got the problem.

Delete everything in the OC's folder except the OC updater.exe.

Additionally, you need to either remove, or tell Kaspersky to leave the entire directory alone (you will need to search online for the directions specific to adding a directory/folder exclusion within Kaspersky).

As I've mentioned before, I highly recommend dispensing with aftermarket AV programs. At this point, they're more of a nuisance than actual help/protection for your computer. Windows Defender gets the job done without the massive amounts of false positives, and frustrating needless quarantines.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Still recovering programs after my ORBX FTX LC installs.

Have yet to recover the RAAS.

Now I've discovered that the Operations Center is missing my PMDG aircraft information. I have tried deleting the information in the PMDG Operations Center Folder - with the exception of the OpsCenterUpdater.exe and it downloads many files, but my specific information is not among the files apparently.

Also, I am able to login to the PMDG website for my account information, and I can log in to Avsim for the forum, but, for some reason, I cannot log in to the support for PMDG to submit a ticket about this stuff. I have written down my passwords for everything, but cannot log on. When I tell it that I Forgot my password and enter my email address it says that it sent me a password reset, but I never receive it. I have checked my Junk Mail options for anything that might resemble a PMDG address and find nothing. If I try to Register with my email address it tells me that address is in use.

I would like to stop bothering you but you appear to be the only person I can get in touch with on any basis.

Thanks for any help!