Sign in to follow this  
mgculver

FSX:SE CTD when running DX10

Hi.

Recently tried to install DX10 Fixer 3.3 however, when I check DX10 Preview, FSX:SE crashes to the desktop right after loading a free flight. I don't believe this is a problem with the Fixer as it ran fine a few years back. I gave up with DX10 due to a texture problem with AMD Video Cards. After hearing they had fixed their drivers, I figured I'd try it again.

After trying everything short of a reinstall of FSX, I was wondering if anyone else up here has had a similar problem. And possibly, a solution.

It runs fine in DX9.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike

Such crashes are often caused by something like SweetFx  - did the library installation report any warnings?  

The best thing to do with a crash is to post on the excellent Avsim Crash To Desktop forum where someone will help you identify where the crash occurred.

There is a thread there with various DX10 Preview only CTDs  which may be relevant.

Hi Steve.

Thanks for your reply. The only error I get is that ForceVCShadowMap is not set in fsx.cfg. Even without your product, it will still CTD whenever I select DX10 Preview.

I'll check out the CTD in Avsim.

Please mark as "Answered".

Thx

Mike

Hi Steve. An update on this topic:

A hard disk crash forced me to do a complete reinstall of FSX:SE. Your product works fine now; no problems with DX 10 any longer.

THanks,

Mike C

Mike