Sign in to follow this  
Michael49

SavingFlight Plans following changes

Hi Maarten,

My favourite plane to fly is the mjc Q400, which because of its unique FMC format does not take data straight from SLX. So I tend to plan my flights in SimBrief and export the data to both the Q400 and FSX. I then use SLX to make any adjustments, which are then manual programmed into the Q400 FMC.

One of the main activities in SLX is to apply SID, STAR and Approach data, which, if I am correct FSX does not store in its pln files(?) Accordingly I use the flatten tool to convert all the additional info into waypoints for saving in the pln file. However I have noticed that once flattening is applied and the waypoint table updates, SLX does not highlight that a change has been made and the toolbar ribbon does not prompt for a "Save". In order to allow me to save the amended Flight Plan I have to make some sort of other change e.g. tweaking the altitude. Not a significant issue but still an nuisance.

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

I have fixed that, a new version will be released asap. Just as a suggestion: you can also plan your route in SLX (using the Find button on the ribbon e.g.), add a SID and/or STAR, click on Copy (also in the Route group on the ribbon), click on SimBrief and paste the route in the Route box of SimBrief (departure and arrival airports are already set when using the link from SLX).

thanks, Maarten

P.S.: .pln files indeed do not support SIDs and STARs

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi Maarten,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try. I've only been using SLX for about 4 weeks and have still only scratched the surface of the myriad of features it offers.

Thanks again,

Michael