Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

BEV & FSCene - Oxymorons? :)

Hello guys, recently I bought BirdsEyeView Vo.1 USA/Canada Summer but did not install it. Now I'm thinking if they'll replace FScene's summer texttures for this region? Will they indeed or will they just blend somehow? Or does it depend on which "layer" comes last on top of the ealier one replacing it?

Guest Cindy_Zoonan

BEV replaces existing textures. They don't blend as in an overlay. Likewise FScene also is a replacement texture set.Now, it is possible to selectively choose textures from BEV and FScene. If you prefer BEV textures urban textures (for example) and FScene textures for rural areas, you certainly can include these two textures so they display in the simulator. In other words, BEV and FScene are not 'all or nothing' texture solutions. I use a mixture of freeware, default and BEV textures that makes a very attractive and beautiful mix for me personally.BEV provides a interface for selecting preferred textures. I don't know about FScene.That being said, how is this an oxymoron? I'm sort of confused about your use of the word.

One thing to be aware of is that some landclass will call textures from other areas (not US) for display in the US, depending on the terrain and features. It's possible that you may see some non-BEV textures displayed in the US-Canada during the summer season, even if you applied an all BEV theme for summer. This is one issue when you use different textures for different areas with 3rd party landclass.I'm not making a pro or con statement, and it's not bad or good; it's just something to be aware of and consider.

>That being said, how is this an oxymoron? I'm sort of>confused about your use of the word.Thanks for the answer, Cindy. Oxymoron was just to catch your eye, and I meant to ask if they were alternatives.