Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

FireFighter X 1.80 released

Hello @ll,

FireFighter X version 1.80 has been released today. Please allow for at least 24hours until it is processed by the shops (some take longer than others, but customers from SimMarket should receive an update notice within the next day).

• FFX is now Prepar3D V4.0 compatible
  • FFX 1.80 has a new multiplayer protocol. You can influence every aspect of aircraft movement to achieve the best possible smoothness.
  • This version sports an optional drop selector box as gauge and dialog, modelled after the actual devices that are used in fire fighting planes
  • inspired by a thread in this forum, FireFighter X now has a live Google Earth viewing system. All FFX data, like fire positions and sizes, positions of the refill stations and all aircraft are streamed to Google Earth at runtime.

Date 23.06.2017
Version 1.80 b19
- Change: Integrated object placement in network protocol

Date 16.06.2017
Version 1.80 b18
- Bugfix: resolved issues when installing gauge to aliased panels

Date 15.06.2017
Version 1.80 b17
- Change: Buffered the network protocol and exposed all network movement parameters

Date 10.06.2017
Version 1.80 b16
- Change: reverted encoding of aircraft cfg files back to Default

Date 09.06.2017
Version 1.80 b15
- Change: preset initial size of the drop selector gauge

Date 07.06.2017
Version 1.80 b14
- Change: Using new chaser model for aircraft movement over network
- Change: reduced initial setting of network clock

Date 05.06.2017
Version 1.80 b13
- Bugfix: fixed installer error that leads to sounds not being found

Date 05.06.2017
Version 1.80 b12
- Bugfix: fixed issue with burnt terrain not showing in P3D V4

Date 04.06.2017
Version 1.80 b11
- Bugfix: removed inactive toolstrip on main page

Date 02.06.2017
Version 1.80 b10
- Bugfix: changed installer paths to avoid conflicts

Date 01.06.2017
Version 1.80 b9
- Change: Prepar3D V4 compatibility
- Bugfix: fixed issues with aircraft.cfg when using the PMDG 747 V3

Date 29.05.2017
Version 1.80 b8
- Bugfix: Fixed drop timer control window size in English localization

Date 28.05.2017
Version 1.80 b7
- Bugfix: Removed AIReleaseControl for helicopters in multiplayer (rotor!)

Date 27.05.2017
Version 1.80 b6
- Bugfix: missing light controls when networked
- Change: disabled throttle when using helicopters in multiplayer

Date 20.05.2017
Version 1.80 b5
- French and German localization
- Bugfix: Drop selector controller will produce endless drops when AC is very slow
- Change: implemented the AiTracker X network protocol

Date 18.05.2017
Version 1.80 b4
- Change: implemented drop selector
- Change: Network player name is used in GE export

Date 17.05.2017
Version 1.80 b3
- Change: added refill stations to GE Export
- Change: showing simulator Ai on GE Live even when disabled in AI view
- Change: French localization
- Change: rebuilt GUI, removed autoscaling and autosizing (Win 10 Creators update..)

Date 16.05.2017
Version 1.80 b2
- Bugfix: Aircraft positions now have an altitude in GE
- Bugfix: completed functionality for running GE on a separate computer

Date 16.05.2017
Version 1.80 b1
- Change: Implemented Google Earth export and live view

This is what it looks like:

34582320101_922526276a_h.jpg

33870932854_126587e261_h.jpg

34672836716_416022bde1_h.jpg

33870932534_dd61516f4a_h.jpg

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

Sir can you test this with the latest .net Framework also.  It still functions within P3D on with t e latest Windows 10 update. but now I getting error creating child windows' messages when using it and the on screen status won show. . I'm thinking it and issue with the new .net 4.7 framework  I would be happy to beta test 1.8 with you :)

Capt. Robert Rixx

2 hours ago, FireRx said:

Hi Oliver,

Sir can you test this with the latest .net Framework also.  It still functions within P3D on with t e latest Windows 10 update. but now I getting error creating child windows' messages when using it and the on screen status won show. . I'm thinking it and issue with the new .net 4.7 framework  I would be happy to beta test 1.8 with you :)

Hi,

TBH this sounds more like P3D has a problem with the Windows update. .Net versions are not updates, they are additions to your system (or they are supposed to be, per spec). So 4.7 shoulnd't change anything in the older versions. Even so, the options are limited - FireFighter X is only calling methods on the SimConnect API and there is nothing that I could do differently about that.

I cannot test that particular combination currently, the one tester who has this setup has rolled back the Creators Update because FSX stopped working...
But FireFighter X 1.80 is now based on .Net 4.5 and if you send me an email you are welcome to try it!

Best regards

please send me an email,

LORBY-SI

Also Oliver, 

that LMP3D simconnect.dll that is in the program folder. is that suppose to go somewhere else too?

Capt. Robert Rixx

Hi,

FireFighter X doesn't require any files being moved around manually. The installer takes care of everything that there is to do.

I have just made a test - I have installed P3D 3.4.9.18400 on my test system which has been updated to Win 10 Creators Edition three days ago. There never was P3D V3 on that computer before.

Then I have installed FFX 1.79 and 1.80 - and I don't have any issues with either version. Both connect just fine and all status displays in the sim (green text bar and messaging window) work. I am not getting any "Child Window" errors.

???

Best regards

LORBY-SI

I wonder if it because I have Prepar3D on it's on SSD drive and not in C;\?

Capt. Robert Rixx

Hi,

where P3D is does not matter for FireFighter X. Be careful: the SimConnect DLL that is shipped with FFX must not be copied elsewhere, it can compromise your sim if you do. If you would move that DLL anywhere near your Prepar3D.exe, there will be trouble.

But as my addons are all managed code, these DLLs are only of limited interest - if everything is installed correctly, then the native SimConnect assemblies are already in the Windows GAC, and FireFighter X wouldn't even need another one.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

yeah, 

I refresh the simconnect installations.  and it works now.  now I have to figure out my drop guage.  it pops up but no graphic in the window

Capt. Robert Rixx

Hi,

which one of the gauges? Timer, Conair drop selector (FFX v1.80) or the radar?

If the window is black or if you only see the grey backdrop, that means that the gauge files are either not present in the gauges folder or not named properly in the panel.cfg.

But if you use the gauge installer inside FireFighter X Settings, that should take care of it - provided that everything was installed correctly.

Check your P3D gauges folder for:
FFX_Gauge_P3D_V3.dll
FFXDropController.CAB
FFXConairSelector.CAB (when using version 1.80)

If they are not present, copy them over from the FireFighter X program directory.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

yep they are there.

I numbered the window wrong in the config. LOL

Is anything suppose to go into the Vcockpit01 area in reference to the gauge?

Edited by FireRx

Capt. Robert Rixx

4 hours ago, FireRx said:

yep they are there.

I numbered the window wrong in the config. LOL

Is anything suppose to go into the Vcockpit01 area in reference to the gauge?

Hi,

the VCOCKPIT entries are only relevant if you want to have the gauge in the VC and not as 2D instrument. But you cannot just add something to the VC, you have to replace a gauge that is already there.

Out of curiosity - FireFighter X has a built-in gauge installer, did that feature fail or did you add the gauges manually anyway?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

yeah, it didn't work for me.  so I tried manually. 

Capt. Robert Rixx

hi Oliver,

Just and FYI since I'm on Prepa3D v4 now.  and testing out app.  Firefighter X Gui and simconnet seem to be working fine. the only thing that don't show up is the actual fire and smoke on the screen.  I will do some further testing with an port my results for you :)

No worries , Just giving you feedback what works on it. 

Capt. Robert Rixx

3 hours ago, FireRx said:

hi Oliver,

Just and FYI since I'm on Prepa3D v4 now.  and testing out app.  Firefighter X Gui and simconnet seem to be working fine. the only thing that don't show up is the actual fire and smoke on the screen.  I will do some further testing with an port my results for you :)

No worries , Just giving you feedback what works on it. 

Hello Robert,

are you testing the dedicated P3D V4 version that I sent you via email? Because the effects from V3 and before wont work in V4, they have been updated.

I have the V4  compliant version of FireFighter X and all my other products up and running without any issues. You will recognize that version through the "x64" in the version number at the top.

Best regards

LORBY-SI