Sign in to follow this  
biloo

Question about parking

Hi 

I have registered for this event for the whole weekend and plan to drive from Toronto to this location.

I am looking for hotel accommodation but it will have to be few minutes drive away from the location.

On the website its mentioned that there will be parking available for attendees. My question is will the parking be available for free for attendees or will it cost less than $20 daily.

I am asking this because I would need to leave quickly on Sunday most likely right after 4 pm. It would save me a lot of time if I can leave straight out from the conference back home instead of getting a cab back to hotel. It will be 7.5 hrs journey. Would be nice to get home before I start falling asleep :)

Thank you

Bilal Asif Khan

Good question!

At the moment we're finalizing the parking details with the conference venue; I expect to have more information on our website within the next week or so. Let me get back to you shortly after that happens to make sure that I don't mislead you by accident.

Phil Coyle - FlightSimCon Event Organizer

phil@flightsimcon.com

da935.png

Although the details aren't up on the website yet, I can tell you that parking will be available in both the garage at the Sheraton Hotel (the conference venue) and an overflow parking lot on the airport grounds. Parking will be free for all attendees.

The lot at the Sheraton Hotel will be first come, first served. Once that's full, we'll begin using the overflow parking lot. So if you arrive early enough on Sunday to grab a spot in the Sheraton garage, you should be able to leave very quickly. If you wind up in the overflow lot, it should be a short (< 10 min.) walk to your vehicle, or you can ask the hotel front desk for a shuttle ride.

Phil Coyle - FlightSimCon Event Organizer

phil@flightsimcon.com

da935.png

I'll be staying at the Quality Inn Windsor Locks that is very close to the airport. Anyone staying there can car pool with me if they like. I'll be checking in Friday afternoon sometime.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator