Sign in to follow this  
fleendo

Micro-stutters and sound lag on FSX

Hi all,

Im having problems with micro-stutters and sound delays on FSX every time. During the litte image delays the sound is also affected and gives a weird tone like a distortion or something. And this little delays happen round about every 5 seconds. Even when I pause FSX and go to youtube to watch a video the micro-stutters keep on going. So Im having micro-sound stutters in the YOUTUBE VIDEO too. I have this problem since I actually bought FSX and it wasnt a big deal but its kinda getting worse now and I dont know why. Is there any solution for that issue??

Thanks,

Patrick

Patrick Helzer

Is your browser running at the same time you are using FSX?  It sounds like background programs

running that are stealing CPU cycles from the Sim.  Do you set your antivirus program to silent

mode while running FSX?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Your problem sounds like a DPC latency issue.  If so, some software on your computer it causing this and google it to find tools to track it down.  I've found that anti-virus software that is constantly scanning your network connections for nasty packets can cause this problem.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

O.M.G...... Unbelievable. You guys are right with the anti-virus. I got Norton security so I deactivated all options under Internet protection and it solved the problem. No micro-stutters and delays anymore. Unbelievable that this caused the problem. FSX never dies!

Thank you very much :)

Patrick Helzer

I also using Norton, and as a matter of course when running FSX, I disable "Intrusion Protection" for the same reason which you discovered.  But overall I don't have issues with it enabled when listening to music or watching videos.

One other gotcha is that some sound, video or network drivers can introduce this problem.  Unfortunately Win10 now indiscriminately installs new drivers whether needed or not, and given the strange brew of what can be put together in a PC, this can wreak havoc with stamping out DPC problems.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

7 hours ago, TheFamilyMan said:

But overall I don't have issues with it enabled when listening to music or watching videos.

Even with FSX running?

Patrick Helzer

I always have the Norton intrusion protection disabled when running FSX.  I was referring to use in general, i.e. when I'm not running FSX.

Rod O.