Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

I thought Nothern Cal and So Cal Megascenery are seamless :-(

Guest gasebah

I am quite disappointed. Got Megascenery Northern Cal today and thought I could actually fly VFR over photo terain from L.A. to San Francisco. Thought North plus South gives me the whole thing. But there is a huge gap of standard scenery bewteen the two. Guess I am just a slow thinking European who underestimates distances in the U.S.. :-)Alex

California is a huge state that takes up 2/3 of the US west coast. As you found, Megascenery only covers portions near San Diego and LA in the south of the state, and near San Francisco and Sacramento in the more northerly areas. To cover the entire 164,000 square miles of the state would be a huge undertaking with many, many GB of textures. It may be as you say, the scale of distances and area in the US is an order of magnitude larger than Europe.

Don't be dissapointed... start exploring those areas. It will take months to fully discover the areas you purchased.I sure think they would have a winner on their hands if they were to fill in the gap between the two. Would probably take several version but if the had one covering the Sierra Nevada mountain range, Lake Tahoe, and Yosemite National Park think how splendid that would be.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

>Don't be dissapointed... start exploring those areas. It>will take months to fully discover the areas you purchased.>Agree. Both SoCal and NorCal can have some pretty interesting scenery and changing weather can make for challenging instrument approaches. Megascenery with the new generation of photo textures has some really excellent stuff.

Guest gasebah

I am not really disappointed....I have spent a few hours every day for more than a week in Socal alone and my goal is to find my way from here to there without the GPS and the map. It is really amazing scenery.Nevertheles I think it would be a great idea to fill the gap. Whenever I buy scenery like this after a certain time I somewhat regret that you have to go in circles rather than flying from here to there. This is what bothers me most with otherwise fantastic scenery like Rhode Island. Megascenery covers a larger area but it would be fantastic I you had an entire state for VFR flying. And I agree, they would have a winner if they would fill the gap. For example I believe one of the best selling points for the Georender series was that the airports were so close together that you really can fly from one to the next.Alex

>I am not really disappointed....>I have spent a few hours every day for more than a week in>Socal alone and my goal is to find my way from here to there>without the GPS and the map. It is really amazing scenery.>Nevertheles I think it would be a great idea to fill the gap.>Whenever I buy scenery like this after a certain time I>somewhat regret that you have to go in circles rather than>flying from here to there. This is what bothers me most with>otherwise fantastic scenery like Rhode Island. Megascenery>covers a larger area but it would be fantastic I you had an>entire state for VFR flying. And I agree, they would have a>winner if they would fill the gap. For example I believe one>of the best selling points for the Georender series was that>the airports were so close together that you really can fly>from one to the next.>>Alex>The best current alternative then would be Ultimate Terrain USA/Canada. While not photrealistic, you get accurate placement of coastlines, waterways, roads, and railroads for the entire US and/or Canada. Combine this with mesh like FSGenesis, and you have a very convincing flying environment. You can make it look even better with the addition of replacement ground textures like BEV or the upcoming Ground Environment package. The roads and waterways will line up very well with the megascenery packages because of the accurate placement of them. so you will have a relatively seamless transition as far as placement, except of cause the ground textures will be different.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d