Sign in to follow this  
jrw4

OP Center crash and support ticket submission problem

I  must be doing something(s) wrong, but I had a problem updating the PMDG Op Center. Basically it started the update OK, but at the end, my AV program (WebRoot) incorrectly identified it as malware. I instructed it to ignore the red flag and the operation appeared to end normally. But now when I try to run the OC I get this error:

--------------------------------------

An exception has occured!

Please contact PMDG support by submitting a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com for help with resolving this issue.
Press "Copy to clipboard" below and then paste the information into your support ticket.
Additionally, a log file has been created at:
c:\users\john\appdata\roaming\pmdg\pmdg operations center\PMDG Operations Center.log
Please attach this file to better help us fix this issue.

The application will now exit.

05/17/17 17:02:43     Exception:  Access Violation at 0x0
01330000  C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center\PMDG Operations Center.exe  +00023D3D  (1372C80, 76D8D56E, 13543D3)
01330000  C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center\PMDG Operations Center.exe  +00026AF6  (1, 1356090, 1)
770B0000  C:\windows\syswow64\USER32.dll  +000162FA  (1136E, 110, 11376)
770B0000  C:\windows\syswow64\USER32.dll  +0003F9BF  (1356090, 1136E, 110)
770B0000  C:\windows\syswow64\USER32.dll  +0003F765  (0, 1356090, 1136E)
770B0000  C:\windows\syswow64\USER32.dll  +0002E744  (171E840, 0, 110)
770B0000  C:\windows\syswow64\USER32.dll  +000162FA  (1136E, 110, 11376)

-------------------------------

I'm running W7 fully updated and P3d v2.5, although that last probably doesn't matter here. My 737ngx works fine, so this isn't the highest priority to fix, but I do need to address it eventually.

That brings me to the second problem. For some reason I can no longer log into the support web site with my password. I was successful in requesting a password reset, and the site indicated that the reset information had been sent to my gmail account, but that was hours ago. So far no joy either for my inbox or the spam mailbox either.

Any thoughts on how I can contact PMDG to get my account reset somehow and get a ticket submitted?

Thanks in advance,

John Wiesenfeld

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

Delete everything in the Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center folder except OpsCenterUpdater.exe and then run the updater.  Looks like the AV locked up the dlls required by OC in a quarantine. This is the fourth problem I've seen this week between OC and an AV program..., consider using Windows Defender.

Dan Downs KCRP

There has been publicity in the IT press here(UK)lately about Webroot blocking things for no apparent reason.

Many thanks to you both. downscc, your suggested fix worked fine. OC now works correctly.

The endless war between the black hats and the white hats inevitably leads to this kind of problem. How many false positives does one accept in order to avoid a false negative? Everyone will have a different answer depending on what else one does with their computers other than sim flying. Previous to WebRoot I had used Avast and Defender. Each had its positive and negative aspects. Certainly I did observe a number of false positives with Avast.

Thanks again and best wishes,

John

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

1 hour ago, jrw4 said:

number of false positives with Avast.

Which is why I ditched it!

At this point, it's any aftermarket AV program. They've developed into over-eager computer puritans, all too willing to go kill something just to drag it up in front of you with a "look what I did - see how useful I am!"

Never mind that it I needed that program to function properly, without the unnecessary interference...

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

They've developed into over-eager computer puritans, all too willing to go kill something just to drag it up in front of you with a "look what I did - see how useful I am!"

I've got nothing to do with PMDG, but this caught my eye. Made me smile...broadly. :biggrin:

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

I think I buried my second question in a way that wasn't smart.

Thanks so much for the help getting the OC running again, but is there something I should do about my support account access? The promised password changing email hasn't arrived.

Thanks again.

For what little it might be worth, I did contact WebRoot support and the OC is now white-listed.

I wonder why they took my word for it.......