Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

20 years on and Prime Meridian problem still exists

Steve. I must have skewed across London 30 times when testing for the best AM settings. It is entirely reproducible on MY system. I can't speak for others. Please don't waste your time on this. I thought the thread had died away.

Since I don't fly Concorde out of EGLC it's not a problem I'm likely to encounter. :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

33 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Steve. I must have skewed across London 30 times when testing for the best AM settings. It is entirely reproducible on MY system. I can't speak for others.

That's your problem Ray - you simply have not tested your PM theory in any reliable way at all.

Skewing across London is not skewing across the PM - it is "Skewing across London".

Do you not understand you need to look for your problem all along the PM as I have.

Otherwise you can only say it's a problem with London.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

1 hour ago, SteveW said:

Ray, that's where we started and so far I've spent much time trying to find your problem - there's none in the stock sim.

Fine. Let it go. I can only report what I find on my own PC.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Did you only check around London 20 years ago Ray? Then perhaps the discussion should be called "20 years on and London problem still exists". :biggrin:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

12 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Did you only check around London 20 years ago Ray? Then perhaps the discussion should be called "20 years on and London problem still exists". :biggrin:

Steve, you're like a dog with a bone aren't you?

If I had a general problem with stuttering when slewing across London don't you think it would occur at multiple places? The fact that it only happened once as I crossed the meridian tells me it's a problem with the meridian in London and nothing else. I haven't checked all along the meridian for obvious reasons. The loading is probably at its greatest at that point with a combo of the PM and complex city scenery.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am guaranteed to get this pause every time on 26L at Gatwick, I agree with SteveW, I think it is more to do with complexity of scenery/AI traffic than the Greenwich meridian although I have been following the interesting debate closely. 

• Upvote 1