Sign in to follow this  
Cristi_Neagu

Outside orbit view

Hello,

I was wondering if an option can be added to the gimbal mode to have the tilt and pan axes rotate the camera around the plane, instead of actual tilt and pan, which does nothing in gimbal mode anyways. That would allow us to recreate the orbit camera that's standard in the sim.

Thanks.

Cristi Neagu

Track Aircraft + Gimbal will give you a spot view on steroids!

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thank you for the reply. The only issue i have with gimbal mode is that it uses the move axes. This is a bit inconvenient, as my joystick hat switch is tied to pan and tilt. To use gimbal mode would mean to tie up another hat switch to the move axes (i wasn't able to do that, for some reason; ChasePlane doesn't see any other hat), or use another controller (i have another controller, but since it causes some issues with some addons i'm using, i'd rather not keep it connected; also, to keep another controller connected for this is a bit overkill).

The ideal solution would be to keep the move axes doing what they're currently doing, but have the pan and tilt axes orbit the camera around the plane. Right now the pan and tilt axes don't do anything in gimbal mode, so that's a bit of a waste.

Cristi Neagu

The Gimbal uses the exact same controls as non-Gimbal cameras. When you Enable Track Aircraft, the camera will move around the aircraft using the same Move, Pan & Tilt controls

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42