Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

3gd.dll CTD

Hi guy's, P3DV3.4, no hotfix's, been running with most Orbx, Pmdg aircraft, as16, Gsx, F.T, Fsdt, the list goes on, I've been running this on an MSI GT72 QD, GTX970M, 32gb ram, everything updated for ages without any issues at all, but , since I installed the fslabs a320 and spotlights when it was first released I continue to get a 3gd.dll ctd around 30mins into any flight only if I use the fslbs a320, nothing else only this addon, I read on posts that this is possible with a corrupted scenery.cfg file, but I just don't understand as to why its only when using the fslabs a320, I have no Idea what a 3gd.dll is but it is certainly becoming to the point of binning the a320, some guidance would be great.

Cheers Rod.

Think your error was caused by the G3D.dll error.  Make sure you have the latest FSUIPC.  Go to their support forums and to the download section and download the latest version.  The G3D.dll error is mainly caused by a bad version of the fsuipc.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim, I do have the latest version of fsuipc but I've never uninstalled it before installing the latest version, would uninstalling it first be a better option? Thanks for your advise.

Cheers Rod.

You just need to overwrite the DLL file, per Pete's instructions.

I disagree with G3D.dll errors being caused by FSUIPC. Pete has some limited code in FSUIPC to trap and prevent these errors, but they were for one or two specific FSX bugs, not P3D. If it only occurs with the FSL A320, that's your likely cause.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

G'day Luke,

Yeh I'm not convinced that its fusipc thats the problem unless the FSLA320 interacts with it in the scenery.cfg some way, I've tried over at the other forum but nothing positive, I'm not that confident in trying to disable parts of XML.EXE, DLL.CFG, scenery.cfg to try and narrow it down a bit and googleing the issue has come up with nothing positive, a little stuck and not sure where to go from here, thanks for the input.

Cheers Rod.