Sign in to follow this  
brucek

MD10 & DC10

What are the differences of these two aircraft. I was hoping someone could help me out.Thanks

Hi,The MD-10 is a later cargo conversion of the DC-10 model. The MD-10 has a MD-11 panel, while a DC-10 has a analog panel.In other words, there are no passenger MD-10

Staffan

Thanks Staffan. That pretty much tells me what I wanted to know.

The MD-11 panel also is a 2-crew operation. The DC-10 panel had a 3-crew operation. There are also other changes, basically it made a DC-10 (freighter only) more compatible with the MD-11 for crew commonality. FedEx took them all, as I recall. Boeing (was MD) set up a conversion facility in Kansas, although I believe the depressed economy in the US has this program in recess at the moment.Bruce.

Boeing (was MD) set up a conversion facility in KansasHmmm,..does this mean that they moved the conversion facility from Italy to Kansas?Fly safe, Staffan AhlbergSweden/Stockholm/ESSAPMDG MD-11 Team - Beta testerhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/dc9_banner.jpg"I will come and cut your lawn for a high quality DC8-63 system"[/color]My specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)128 Mb ATI Radeon 9800 ProOmega 2590DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP1E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"240Gb (2x120) 7200rpm HD

Staffan

Hi Staffan,Maybe both places? :) I may be wrong but I recall an article in Airliners about the KA conversion facility.Bruce.