Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Navigation Display Problem

I was doing a flight vibn to vept a distance of 120 nm. Shortly after take off I noticed on the Captains  Navigation Display 126 nm. I can understand why it was showing added miles since I had to bank 180. The problem is it stayed at 126nm all the way to touchdown. It was the same on the co-pilot screen. The ground was moving the entire time.

8 hours ago, jetsmell said:

I was doing a flight vibn to vept a distance of 120 nm. Shortly after take off I noticed on the Captains  Navigation Display 126 nm. I can understand why it was showing added miles since I had to bank 180. The problem is it stayed at 126nm all the way to touchdown. It was the same on the co-pilot screen. The ground was moving the entire time.

I'm not sure I follow your explanation here. I haven't noticed any issues with the display in general, so I'm thinking that this one is likely a simple misunderstanding of what you're looking at.

Please remember the forum rule regarding signing your name to posts. I know this isn't the first time I've asked you.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

I failed to figure out the issue too. Can you send a screenshot of the ND and PFD when you notice the same thing again?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

First of all, I apologize for forgetting to put my name in the post. I do a lot of forums and they don't require it so it's very easy to forget here. I flew the PMDG 737 and didn't see the problem but I use several liveries and that could be it.  The Captains  Navigation Display in the upper right-hand corner has the distance between the aircraft and the destination airport. In my first post, I referred to the distance as being stuck and not counting down. If it happens again I'll mention it.

DAN LONGANO

Hi, 

The distance on upper right corner of the ND is the distance to the next waypoint of the leg page in sequence.
If you see the destination airport there, then you have an issue with your flight plan.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.