Sign in to follow this  
witto737

FlightFactor 767 Steering

Hi Guys, currently on XP11, moving from P3D, and i have to say what a difference.

My Commercial aircraft are JAR A320neo and the FlightFactor 767, both outstanding, however for the life of me i can not steer the 767 and therefore can not taxi, my joystick is the Microsoft Sidewinder, i have looked through all the documentation to no avail, if anyone can throw me a line on this issue i would very grateful.

p.s the sidewinder stick does not twist.

witto737

You could possibly assign the Tiller to key commands, that way you could use the keyboard to steer the aircraft on the ground, but I do have to ask how you control the rudder for your aircraft?  If you have that control, this should spill over to the steering on the ground.  I know for the JD A320, you have to press the pedals disconnect pushbutton, located on the tiller in the VC, to switch back and forth between rudder and tiller.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hi Jimm, thanks for the response. If i want taxi using the JD A320 i just move my stick either left or right to steer in the direction i need to go

Ok, but how do you control the rudder while in the air?  I would suspect that landings wouldn't be too easy without rudder control if you have a crosswind.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Lol, i dont, and yes it can be awkward, just looked at the Settings in XP, there is a Control Wheel Steering Mode option, plus Nose Wheel Steering Toggle, would one of these be want i need?.

You could always try to bind the rudder controls to keys on your keyboard, which could effectively kill two birds with one stone.

Yes Jimm, just done that with my numeric keypad, 4 being left, 5 is centre, 6 is right.

Thanks for help

Just now, witto737 said:

Yes Jimm, just done that with my numeric keypad, 4 being left, 5 is centre, 6 is right.

Thanks for help

So you did that and it helps steer the aircraft on the ground?