Sign in to follow this  
Guest Keith Sebastian

PSS 777 - is is complete (patched) by now?

Hi all,I would appreciaciate your objective comments (preferably from experienced users) on the current status of PSS 777. As I understand it was prematurely launched and some problems were encontered. By reading the reviews and looking thru the PSS forum I am not sure how things are now. Boxed edition to be lauched would however suggest that all relevant issues are fixed.If you compare this package with LDS 767 or PMDG 747 would you say it is up there or is there still room for development. As many simmers I too think LDS is very much complete (perfect) and PMDG 747 would be just as complete with (LDSclub style) performance manual included.I am especially interested how realistic the 777 flight model currently is and how well autopilot functions (lnav, vnav etc) are modelled. Are the lnav, vnav, ils/gs capture &hold as smooth and solid as with LDS/PMDG? Also your opinion on the sounds is welcome - I appreaciate very much realistic cockpit environment rather than pure engine sounds. I think above are the key areas where PSS Airbuses aren't too good unfortunately. When using them I really miss ac/apu sound, Vx, gear callouts etc. And to buy 777 it must have these features.Looking forward to your comments... Perttu

HelloNo it is not patched yet despite JUST FLIGHT being about to sell this bug ridden offering on CD.Read the PSS forum to form your own opinion, Some folks there are having no problems while others have hangered the 777 until the patch.My own view is that it is nowhere near the LDS or PMDG.The flight model would suit an F16 fighter better than a 777.In its favor is the fact that it is fairly cheap as Addons go so maybe worth buying in the hope that the patch sorts everything out.

As you may have seen in the forum there are known issues to be patched.I for one am able to operate the aircraft without major issues hours on end and enjoy it greatly as is. I do not do too too much hand flying beyond initial climbout and approach/landing, neither am I a pilot so I guess I'm not a good judge of flight dynamics, but again, I enjoy my flights. I find the fully functional and easter egged vc very immersive. I have changed the soundset because like you I prefer a bit of environment beyond basic engine sounds. There are no vspeed calls and not all altitudes are annunciated by gpws (i forget which though)The autopilot is grabby in some vertical modes, like alt capture (lateral is MUCH better than the busses though), but someone in the forums has indicated a fix for this - I've not tested this. Like some I had wild swinging on ils but cured this with a reinstall of the product - now it rides ils and autolands beautifully for me.Generally is it LDS level systems, details and finish? - by no means, but there's still a lot to do - from adjusting my chair to irs alignment to startup I find myself just as busy, and the electronic checklists are a plus.Things I like about the T7 that put it above the LDS:1. -FULLY functional vc2. -Ability to fuel the aircraft without going into the fs menu - and actually see the aircraft rise or fall with fuel load - especially cool when sitting in the cockpit.3. -fps unaffecting wx radar.4. I'm very tall - I can push my T7 seat back :)There are those that find the bird unflyable, but this is my experience. And oh yes I love the way the plane handles on the ground - don't know if it's realistic but feels like a big ship - press the brake and compression/timing is really nice.regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/markrey/lsd2.jpghttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Mad Dog do you use a joystick or Yoke and Peddles??? :-hmmm

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I feel the PSS 777 is an excellent add-on... It's the best bird PSS has ever produced. Mark above pretty much covered all points...Like Ryan of PMDG pointed out, the 747 and 777 are quicker in roll rates than many of you realize. Some of you need to review some of the movies out there on the internet where new pilots of the 777 (just after official launch from Boeing) have commented on the responsiveness of the 777. Remember this thing was designed totally on a computer. PSS really doesn't need to change anything about the FDE as many of you are operating on assumptions rather than reality. I guess I can't talk too much either because I've never flown the real thing but every pilot I've heard on video speaks volumes about the ease of handling of the real 777.

FS2020 

Guest JIMJAM

This has became my favorite FSPassengers plane. Holds a bunch,nice to look at, 2d and vr pit are up there with the best of em and on my rig runs smooth with better fps than the others.BUT- The flight model is horrible! The roll rate is not only super responsive but notchy. If it were smooth I could deal with it but it just flat out feels wrong.Luckily Im almost always on AP and little turning is needed on final.Dont let these few problems turn you away though. For the price, this is one of best deals going and even with its small problems is a really nice aircraft.

I wish they did a -200ERHavent flown it in a while as I've been busy at work. But I plan on it once they fix the issues. Meanwhile I will enjoy the PMDG 744 instead!

HelloDillo I use a CH yoke + pedals and a TrackIr+vectorDont get me wrong i really want this to be up therewith the best of them but at the moment it is not even close.I really hope that they get all the issues sorted , but dont hold your breath as the other aircraft they have released still have problemsI.E Dash8 Frequent crashes with the FMC ( never fixed 3 years on)Like i say i am on their side, i wish them well but as a customer that bought the product on pre- release i thought that at least some of the issues would of been sorted by now.

Hello Perttu:Yes and no (IMHO)No, I do not believe it falls into the quality of the LDS or PMDG offerings, however, neither does the price! I do believe all things considered it is worth the money and a worthy addition to one's hanger. (Just finished a two stage flight in the freight version from KBOS to PHNL, then PHNL to YMML). My only complaint is that there is still occasionally a bit of porpoising with the 777-300ER. The 777-LRF does not have this problem, or if it does it is insignificant. Fully loaded, the 777-LRF also has difficulty reaching spec altitude. I have opted to settle for the lower FL30's for the bird.As Murphy's law would have it, my choice seems to be the least desirable (or least popular might be the better wording) of the three options. I bought the 777-200LRF and 777-300ER. I would recommend purchasing the 777-200LE if you only get one (which I intend to purchase sometime in the future). The 200LE of course set the world distance record and is the most popular. It also has the most liveries (third party free addon's).Unless you must have PMDG 737/745 and LDS quality and are a picky critic of such detail you are going to probably be disappointed, but if you can be objective and recognize the good points of the bird I think you will be happy with it (especially at the price). I personally would recommend it (with the above considerations).Happy flying:RTH

I forgot to mention I only have the -200LR version. It would be interesting to see if those that are complaining about roll rate are flying the bird with a joystick. I use CH's USB Yoke & Peddles so that may be the difference I'm seeing. I also don't fly the plane at 36,000ft manually. The only manual flying I do with the bird is on approach. I'll have to give this a second thought and try it out (manual flying all the way up to altitude). Since this isn't normal operation, it's hard to bring myself to fly the bird manually unless an emergency presented itself...

FS2020 

I have been unable to fly it. I get crazy responses the autopilot and the aircraft simply will not fly a flightplan (aircraft flies straight but goes sideways along the desired track in the pfd!!!). I posted about it, and emailed support. Eventually got an email telling me that a programmer was "looking at it". That was about 3 weeks after release. Since then - just deafening silence.I know that plenty of people fly it without trouble, but my experience has been extremely poor in terms of both the product and what passes for support.After insoluble CTD's with the PSS airbuses, I guess I was expecting too much. Perhaps their excellent Concorde gave me hope.The fact that a sticky post on their forum recommends that you drop realism to 25-50% just so that you can intercept a LLZ speaks volumes.The short answer is that it doesn't come close to the LDS 767 or the PMDG744.regards,Jeff

Jeff Hunter

Guest Jani Salo

hiI have grounded the PSS 777 in my hangar untill a patch for the FDE comes out...Untill that, I am not flying her and consider 30

Guest Keith Sebastian

To add to the discussion, the panel quality (especially 2D, also 3D) are exceptional. And for this, I find it hard to go back to any other plane.The sounds aren't great, but neither where PMDG's 747.V1, Vr callouts can be added using FSPassengers which IMHO goes very well with the T7.Porpoising at cruise is easily fixed by moving loads around. Just get the CG to around 16.x% forward. More on this at the AVSIM PSS Boeing forum.WX radar adds so much to overall product value.Localiser, glideslope capture isn't as smooth as LDS767. I don't know how it would be in real life, but it just doesn't feel like a heavy airliner (too responsive?).Localiser does not remain armed after auto-landing and the plane does not hold the center-line on rollout. There's a simple fix here too. Press Numpad 5 (with NumLock off) soon after touchdown to center controls.Overall, it'll keep you occupied for days, is well worth the money, and a great addon if you can live with the bugs. And, it's got great scope for improvement if the developers are serious about patches.-Keith