Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Flight Sim World is Now Live!

And we have takeoff!  :biggrin:

I am so excited to say that Flight Sim World has now been released into Steam's Early Access program. 

As part of FSW release into Steam’s Early Access program, regular updates will be delivered over the coming months - including a weather system upgrade, flight planner expansions, and enhanced multiplayer functionality. Additionally, we will be collating and acting on your feedback for the complete duration of the Early Access period. 

“The flight sim community is a fountain of experience and expertise and Early Access is our way of drawing upon that knowledge to make Flight Sim World the best it can be” said Executive Producer Stephen Hood, “With this release, we are forging a brighter and more vibrant future for flight simulation.”

Flight Sim World is now available to purchase on Steam for £19.99/ $24.99/ €24.99

I just want to say thank you to everyone here on AVSIM who has supported us so far, and I look forward to making this sim great together! 

-Aimee

• Upvote 4

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Purchased and downloading! :biggrin::cool: Thanks!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Downloading... For those interested, it´s 15GB to download.

Yep! Downloading now... exciting :smile:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Downloading. About 5 minutes left :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

16 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

As part of FSW release into Steam’s Early Access program, regular updates will be delivered over the coming months - including a weather system upgrade, flight planner expansions, and enhanced multiplayer functionality. Additionally, we will be collating and acting on your feedback for the complete duration of the Early Access period. 

“The flight sim community is a fountain of experience and expertise and Early Access is our way of drawing upon that knowledge to make Flight Sim World the best it can be” said Executive Producer Stephen Hood, “With this release, we are forging a brighter and more vibrant future for flight simulation.”

-Aimee

Great to hear. Hopefully your team also considers features such as volumetric clouds, real time shadows for trees, buildings, houses, etc., the ability to modify HDR settings, and other features currently available on other platforms. I am looking forward to downloading my copy of FSW today.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Doesn't seem to work.  I get this:

Dovetail Games Flight Simulator
===============================

If you see this message, you may be on the wrong Steam beta branch for DFS.  Please check any instructions you have been
given or get in touch with your main point of contact at Dovetail Games.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Just now, JimmiG said:

Doesn't seem to work.  I get this:

Dovetail Games Flight Simulator
===============================

If you see this message, you may be on the wrong Steam beta branch for DFS.  Please check any instructions you have been
given or get in touch with your main point of contact at Dovetail Games.

You should be opted out of betas automatically, however if not, please quit Steam and restart. 

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Downloading! only 6 hours :-(

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

33 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

And we have takeoff!  :biggrin:

-Aimee

is their a meal and movie included on flight....or just a bag of peanuts:biggrin:

Edited by FSWPilot
spelling mistake

11 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

You should be opted out of betas automatically, however if not, please quit Steam and restart. 

I never opted into any beta in the first place, I have the game since I purchased Flight School previously.

Restarting Steam didn't work but running the FSW.exe file manually seems to work.

MSFS / XP

4 minutes ago, JimmiG said:

Restarting Steam didn't work but running the FSW.exe file manually seems to work.

We are looking into it now!

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

12 minutes ago, Lorenzog said:

Downloading! only 6 hours :-(

Wow, it took me like 20 minutes

Cheers!

Maarten

Downloading. 20 minutes left. I love to try all available major options. :biggrin: