Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Flight Sim World is Now Live!

I don't know whether this Early Access malarkey will change anything.

They did this with TSW and all the bugs were still present in the final release.

We are seeing, more or less, the final result.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barfly said:

After a few minutes I'm impressed with the new features, the dramatically improved interface, and beautiful Seneca.    There are some classic setup issues carried over from FSX - the sim starts on easy realism, moderate control sensitivity, and relatively high graphics settings.    Rudder pedal brakes had to be inverted and sensitivity for those all the way to the right to get decent braking.   The one traffic slider I believe controls aircraft and road vehicles - I turned off traffic to improve framerate and smoothness.  The FDE of the Seneca is good and may represent an improvement to core code - Accufeel effects are nicely integrated.    Some enhanced features are obviously in the works and not present here, but the core sim shows a lot of promise and I'm glad they did an early release so we can begin to give some constructive feedback

Now that is an intelligent and lucid comment.  Thank you for that!!!

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

1 minute ago, Demious said:

Mine has been loading the flight for a while now and I dont get into the sim environment

That's probably a good thing.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, KavindaJD said:

That's probably a good thing.

LOL :P

Cheers!

Maarten

I am very much missing things like mouse look and the Chaseplane utility.

Ian R Tyldesley

I cant believe someone said "This game isnt complete". Lol. How else can someone make EARLY ACCESS clear. Its such a shame this community is so short sighted. 

• Upvote 6

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

32 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

Wow people!!, you mean this software that just came out a mere few hours ago and on early access is not perfect? Oh the horror...

:laugh:

You could rewind many of the negative comments back to any FS release over the past 18 years and substitute FSW for FS98/2000/2002/2004/FSX and it'd be deja vu. And none of those were beta releases, but they were all patched eventually and turned out okay. Chill out people, they will sort it, every FS release had people ######ing about it, don't believe me? Do an archive search.

Personally, I say give 'em some time to tweak it based on feedbck, after all, most of us paid feck all for it if already owning Flight School, and those who paid only spent a bank breaking 20 quid, which is hardly a disaster for what is openly described as a work in progress. In the meantime, just crank up something else. Patience.

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I like it. Had a fly around Spain in some of the default aircraft. It detected my controllers correctly and was nice and easy to get going.

It does look FSX, but I get better performance. Positive for me so far, and it's very early days

• Upvote 3

As a suggestion, I'd like to see more tweakable sliders such as the ones FSX has.

For $25, I'm gonna try it. I mean, WTH. I've spent more on a single payware aircraft that I flew only one time after deciding it was a$$.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

It's really not that bad and for £20 it's a steal.  I look forward to seeing how the sim develops over the coming months.

Since increasing the LOD Radius in the FSW.cfg file i have started to get stutters, similar to P3D

Ian R Tyldesley

im really enjoying it 

• Upvote 1

No Im not lucky ....i am  blessed

:rolleyes: Giogio  A. 

i7-4790K@4.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM @ 2400, GEFORCE GTX 980,  2x 500GB Samsung 840 Evo Pro, 2 TB   SAMSUNG , CORSAIR  CX750M ,PHILIP  ULTRA HD 4 K MONITOR 

Remember that it's a default/vanilla sim, and if you are used to a fully-loaded P3D with tonnes of addons, then it won't look too mindblowing out of the box. However, for default it was nice and enjoyable sim with decent performance. Plus, it's early access, and only £20. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

I am very much missing things like mouse look and the Chaseplane utility.

MouseLook works; press and hold the spacebar for temp mouse look or SHIFT+O for permanent toggle. 

Just like FSX actually :blink:

Just now, fta2017 said:

MouseLook works; press and hold the spacebar for temp mouse look or SHIFT+O for permanent toggle. 

Just like FSX actually :blink:

Yes sorry, i actually meant the FSUIPC style mouse look or chaseplane, i.e using the middle mouse button...my fault, i should have been more specific. 

Ian R Tyldesley