Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

VERY Bad Reviews so far on Steam

I just got FSW and made a 20-minute flight. It did not match my expectations. It is a "game" and I believe it is addressed to other type of people than  those that hang out at Avsim!

I think that for hard-core simmers P3D is the way to go!.  

• Upvote 6

Edmundo Azevedo

Just now, ega said:

I just got FSW and made a 20-minute flight. It did not match my expectations. It is a "game" and I believe it is addressed to other type of people than  those that hang out at Avsim!

I think that for hard-core simmers P3D is the way to go!.  

true...P3D or XP11 are the future:biggrin:

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, FSWPilot said:

true...P3D or XP11 are the future:biggrin:

Or Aerofly FS 2. But well, not FSW, that's for sure. And then to think they seriously called this the sim of the future!!! It's FSX! The same old crappy performance, so it seems, and the same old bland and dull colors and lighting. It looks seriously outdated.

Just now, J van E said:

Or Aerofly FS 2. But well, not FSW, that's for sure. And then to think they seriously called this the sim of the future!!! It's FSX! The same old crappy performance, so it seems, and the same old bland and dull colors and lighting. It looks seriously outdated.

also blurries for most people

• Upvote 3

Wow! Just made the purchase a few minutes ago. Wish this thread had popped up before I committed to the purchase. From what I can glean out of the posts her, it sounds like, 'Give it a miss!'.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, vc10man said:

Wow! Just made the purchase a few minutes ago. Wish this thread had popped up before I committed to the purchase. From what I can glean out of the posts her, it sounds like, 'Give it a miss!'.

Steam offers refunds

• Upvote 3

The bashing seems pretty harsh given this is early access ... I probably will not have time to try it out for a day or two, is this beyond hope?

Seems DTG has mis-managed expectations ... again.

• Upvote 5

Barry Friedman

What did you guys expect for a pre-release?  It's a beta... meant to find issues.  If that's not your thing why are you d/l it?  I am more disappointed by the responses than the sim. Help DTG with good, infomative feedback.  Not trash.

• Upvote 8

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

It's not as bad as everybody is saying.  To my mind having used it in a number of scenarios it's better than stock FSX.  Not as good as my very heavily modded P3D but i really wasn't expecting that...it seems like everybody else was.  

The main issues for me: Colour palette appears to be to bright (others are saying dark)

Memory usage is insane, 7Gb on flying around EGCC with no addons at all.

Level of Detail is set to 4.5, but can be changed in the config file, though not sure if this actually does anything.

Ian R Tyldesley

Just now, Clutch Cargo said:

Help DTG with good, infomative feedback.  Not trash.

The control setup lacks the versatility I have gotten used to with FSX and FSUIPC. This is a real deal breaker for me.

• Upvote 3

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

im no fan of DTG and have zero faith. But to be fair wait until its out of beta before saying its good or not!  I for one will stick with XP & P3D

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Also - I highly doubt any of the more complex airliners will work (without larger than minor adjustments). I don't see any exe.xml, dll.xml etc... also there's no access to the Scenery Library (other than manually editing scenery.cfg).

• Upvote 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

27 minutes ago, FSXSEPilot said:

Steam offers refunds

Thanks for that info.

12 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

Memory usage is insane, 7Gb on flying around EGCC with no addons at all.

Did you have VAS OOMs, then?