Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

VERY Bad Reviews so far on Steam

43 minutes ago, ega said:

I just got FSW and made a 20-minute flight. It did not match my expectations. It is a "game" and I believe it is addressed to other type of people than  those that hang out at Avsim!

I think that for hard-core simmers P3D is the way to go!.  

Of ALL the possible negative things to say about the FSX engine (which is still is), i think yours is nonsense. You should compare it to vanilla FSX or Vanilla P3D. Surely you shoudn't complain a 25 euros vanilla product with your P3D full of addons.

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

29 minutes ago, FSXSEPilot said:

Steam offers refunds

Not for Early Access titles unless that policy has changed recently

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

Thanks. Just requested refund... 

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Just now, vc10man said:

Did you have VAS OOMs, then?

Nope, cause it's 64-bit...i have 64Gb of RAM, however i worry that this will start a trend of not caring about the memory use, once people like A2A and ORBX start adding things we might find that instead of getting VAS related OOMs we start to get physical OOMs.

• Upvote 3

Ian R Tyldesley

17 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

What did you guys expect for a pre-release?  It's a beta... meant to find issues.  If that's not your thing why are you d/l it?  I am more disappointed by the responses than the sim. Help DTG with good, infomative feedback.  Not trash.

More like an Alpha

Beta's are supposed to be feature complete.

• Upvote 2

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

Hi Folks,

While I've watched this product hyped beyond belief for weeks now it seems logical there would be some disappointment... It is an early release so DTG should be cut some slack because they didn't advertise it as a finished product...

On the other hand - as an avid Train Sim guy and familiar with DTG's performance with that community - don't hold your breath for a study level sim... DTG in the Train Sim community is known for making pretty things - not good physics - not good operation -  not realistic systems - not the attention to detail required by many of us here...

If past experience is any indicator of future results - I don't think this is going to be the replacement simulator that many of you hoped for...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 9

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Seriously, we need to see this for what it is... early access. If we just report our concerns in a calm, clear manner a lot of stuff will probably get fixed.

If they don't, then some complaining may be in order...

Russ

• Upvote 2

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Looks nothing like any of the videos and screenshots.

Low FPS, choppy, not acceptable at all. Unacceptable   even for an ALPHA testing situation.

VERY DISAPPOINTING!

• Upvote 2

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Yearh... maybe... but some of us (okay! me) was really hoping for some core improvements to the ESP engine.

An overhauled lighting engine. Better depiction of autogen and vector scenery. New and better weather system depiciton and maybe true volumetric clouds.  I know, I'm dreaming... but when they advertise a new simulator as Next Gen (or something to that effect) I, personally, is just a little dissappointed at seing the results.

Also, there's a decreased level of customization and it's harder to maintain and add new sceneries (I can't find access to a Scenery Library anywhere). Also there's no exe.xml or dll.xml (which complex airliners and addons are heavily relying on). ... I don't know - maybe they come up with some sort of new system?!

But to be frank - I'm not holding my breath... 

Now, before everyone's jumping all over me and starts screaming "It's early-access...", please note, that many of these things (mentioned above and in other posts) are core features/limitations of ESP. And I highly doubt that DTG are about to re-write the engine itself ... beta/alpha or not... 

• Upvote 4

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Well, just arrived home, prepared to hit the buy button and go through the install process :-)

Liked what I've seen in the streams so far !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Wonder what streams you watched then... :happy: But seriously, I do hope you like it. I am looking forward to your first reactions.

13 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

While I've watched this product hyped beyond belief for weeks now it seems logical there would be some disappointment... It is an early release so DTG should be cut some slack because they didn't advertise it as a finished product...

On the other hand - as an avid Train Sim guy and familiar with DTG's performance with that community - don't hold your breath for a study level sim... DTG in the Train Sim community is known for making pretty things - not good physics - not good operation -  not realistic systems - not the attention to detail required by many of us here...

If past experience is any indicator of future results - I don't think this is going to be the replacement simulator that many of you hoped for...

Regards,
Scott

Sounds quite logical to me...

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Victor Quebec

11 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Regards,
Scott

This has nothing to do with Alpha or Beta, it looks like I expected, a typical Dovetail product, large on eye candy, and low on reality. On a live stream I was just watching I saw FPS hovering around the high teens with default scenery and a single engine aircraft, You put a PMDG type aircraft and a couple of add ons, and you most likely will see single digit FPS. Don't think Avsim members will flock to this sim. 

• Upvote 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Well, just arrived home, prepared to hit the buy button and go through the install process :-)

Seriously? Its been slated on the streams I have seen. Check out Matt Davies....... its effin awful.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I've spent some time flying around and I like it so far. It is very FSX-like as others have mentioned, but it does perform better for me and the default aircraft and UI are nice. I couldn't find a way of choosing my own weather, but I presume that will come in a future update.

• Upvote 1