Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

VERY Bad Reviews so far on Steam

I paid nothing for it...and I got my money's worth.

• Upvote 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

20 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

If past experience is any indicator of future results - I don't think this is going to be the replacement simulator that many of you hoped for...

Based upon the pedigree some of us never thought so in the first place...

spacer.png

I will surely post what I think about it, as soon as it get's installed...

It'll take it's time since I have a slow DSL home internet connection, to contrast with the 100GBps I manage at work :-)

After dinner, maybe, it'll be ready for testing, will make a couple of flights and report back.

My machine isn't up to the recommended specifications though, so I fear I'll have to set the sliders down...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hmm... interesting comment from Mathijs over at Aerosoft (I won't bring the full post here. Head over there and read the rest...)

"First of all simple facts. There is no SDK, no Simconnect and only XML aircraft are possible. So even if we would be willing to start on making things compatible, it is simply impossible to make any complex aircraft. Even C++ is currently impossible. So any aircraft could only do what the default aircraft do. For scenery things might look better, we are not sure about that, but without an SDK and knowing what the new engine can do it makes just no sense to spend time on it.

..."

I don't know what to think... maybe it's coming - but I'm not really impressed so far... 

• Upvote 5

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

42 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

What did you guys expect for a pre-release?  It's a beta... meant to find issues.  If that's not your thing why are you d/l it?  I am more disappointed by the responses than the sim. Help DTG with good, infomative feedback.  Not trash.

I couldn't have said better, it is unbelievable instead giving feedback so DTG can improve on the sim they just bash without any thoughts.

This is a sim just released with no add-ons noting let's wait for a while,  you still have FSX/P3D meanwhile.

• Upvote 1

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

4 minutes ago, Anders Gron said:

Hmm... interesting comment from Mathijs over at Aerosoft (I won't bring the full post here. Head over there and read the rest...)

"First of all simple facts. There is no SDK, no Simconnect and only XML aircraft are possible. So even if we would be willing to start on making things compatible, it is simply impossible to make any complex aircraft. Even C++ is currently impossible. So any aircraft could only do what the default aircraft do. For scenery things might look better, we are not sure about that, but without an SDK and knowing what the new engine can do it makes just no sense to spend time on it.

..."

I don't know what to think... maybe it's coming - but I'm not really impressed so far... 

This is a reasonable response from Mathijs. I'm not sure what the fuss is about. It's an alpha. People really don't understand.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, angeli662 said:

I couldn't have said better, it is unbelievable instead giving feedback so DTG can improve on the sim they just bash without any thoughts.

This is a sim just released with no add-ons noting let's wait for a while,  you still have FSX/P3D meanwhile.

Addons? It can even run at decent performance in its default state with awful LOD radius to boot.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Based upon the pedigree some of us never thought so in the first place...

Exactly! If only all of us can lower our expectations, then maybe we can accept it for what it is and starting enjoying the unique experiences this product (will eventually) offer.

2 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

This is a reasonable response from Mathijs. I'm not sure what the fuss is about. It's an alpha. People really don't understand.

I'm not really sure what's to understand?! 

Anyway... we all have our hopes and expectations (or lack of them) for this sim. There's NO sense in arguing and debating about it - since the majority of issues are personal opinions - and we all have a right to have those.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

39 minutes ago, Anders Gron said:

Thanks. Just requested refund... 

Only downloaded, not yet started the sim. So, virtually unused, so hope I get the refund too.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dtrjones said:

If only all of us can lower our expectations, then maybe we can accept it for what it is and starting enjoying the unique experiences this product (will eventually) offer.

Re-read what you just wrote, brother:  to enjoy this product, I have to lower my expectations...?

• Upvote 3

spacer.png

Just now, vc10man said:

Only downloaded, not yet started the sim. So, virtually unused, so hope I get the refund too.

You will - I just got mine... (only took about half an hour).

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

40 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

Nope, cause it's 64-bit...i have 64Gb of RAM, however i worry that this will start a trend of not caring about the memory use, once people like A2A and ORBX start adding things we might find that instead of getting VAS related OOMs we start to get physical OOMs.

Thanks for that update.

5 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Addons? It can even run at decent performance in its default state with awful LOD radius to boot.

Here we go again,  3 hours into launch already comparing with FSX/P3D,  just look into the future or we will end up with FSX/P3D 32 bit for another 16 years.

• Upvote 2

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.