Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

VERY Bad Reviews so far on Steam

Seems a solid Early-Access title. Ran well on my PC and honestly just seemed like a huge patch for FSX. I hope it does well and continues progress, hopefully some decent AC makers take advantage of the new new sim and exposure.

24 minutes ago, nippa said:

I wish DoveTail well but

For the first time ever  I've  requested a refund from Steam and have uninstalled the software.

A combination of very long loading times and poor frame rates led me to conclude that it wasn't worth more effort until the software is beyond the Beta stage.

Even maxed out , the Graphics couldn't match FSX ; so I guess that I need a top of the range Graphics Card now and a new processor.

What happened to 64 bit improvements?

Just got the refund here.

IMHO not even ready for early access and I have no confidence DTG can make it much better.

It doesn't offer anything my customized FS9 and FSX already do and in fact does rather less.

May revisit in a few months or year or two if DTG still in business and can pull something back. In the meantime I'll save my pennies and look at XP11 instead.

• Upvote 2

X-Plane 11 is a better option than FSW right now, but it doesn't mean that DTG can make this sim better. They were able to create a 64bit sim, work with ORBX, Carenado, and even add Accufeel. That means that they did some things right, but probably do not have the right mission to go forward.

This sim will fail without developer support. It would behoove DTG to work with devs like ORBX, A2A, PMDG, & HiFi Sim and make it available to purchase directly from them. It must be an open platform! I'm not a Steam user and I will never be one. If X-Plane can do both, so can DTG.

This idea that FSW is the sim for the future is ludicrous. Focus on improving the performance, the graphics, and working with the best add-on developers. Let's see where that takes FSW.

• Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Without VR-support, I am not even trying. Sticking with DCS for a while, which besides the amazing looks, also have very believable flight dynamics. 

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

5 hours ago, J van E said:

why the heck does a new flight sim have to cover the entire world? I myself would be happy with one medium sized country already. During the last 8 years or so I spend YEARS in regions the size of PNW. Or Norway, which is big enough already to enjoy airliners in it. Getting one region in next gen quality is possible nowadays.

I know there are people who are more into flying long range flights but even then you don't need the entire world in GTA quality. Imagine a sim with a very detailed part of the US West Coast, Western-Europe and some of Asia. That would be far more than I would ever need but well, okay, for those 777 flyers that should do the trick too. Who ever visited Nicaragua or Afghanistan or Nigeria? Who ever visited all 24.000 airports that FSX offers? Who NEEDS 24.000 airports?!?! Seriously, having the entire world in a flight sim is not mandatory.

If you're a newbie to flight sims, what's the first thing you want to do? You want to fly over your house in the scenery. Or at least your home town or city.

If you have a deeper interest, or you're a real world GA pilot practicing procedures, you want your local small GA airport to be there in the scenery. Many people want to fly in their home areas, and there is no way to predict those locations in advance.

If you're a fan of aviation history, you might want to recreate famous flights.

I could go on, but there is also the fact that no civilian aviation sim has survived and prospered for years without modeling the world. Because everyone wants something different.

• Upvote 3

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

40 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

If you're a newbie to flight sims, what's the first thing you want to do? You want to fly over your house in the scenery. Or at least your home town or city.

If you have a deeper interest, or you're a real world GA pilot practicing procedures, you want your local small GA airport to be there in the scenery. Many people want to fly in their home areas, and there is no way to predict those locations in advance.

Well, honestly, those newbies (well, 99% of them) will be highly disappointed when they see their hometown will be unrecognizable and their house is nowhere to be found. I never like flying around my home area because I know how it should look and it never does look anything like it so I always rather fly somewhere else where I can imagine things actually look like that. :happy:

For those of you struggling with the editing bug.....try opening up a new window to perform an edit. This worked for me on my office PC (which uses Windows Vista 64bit).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My home town and nearest GA airport don't look exactly right either. But over the years, in different sims and updates, the gap is closing. Especially with scenery based on constantly updated OSM data for streets and autogen buildings. The 3D buildings in my town are sketchy, but every street now reflects the real world. The landclass textures are good at showing local forest boundaries, power lines, etc. That's pretty amazing if you think about it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

That's pretty amazing if you think about it.

Well, yet, but er... when I 'fly' over Google Earth's 3D cities with my Rift I think flightsims are a long way behind... :happy: At a regular flying altitude Google Earth looks utterly amazing. So much detail, it is incredible. Somehow someone should be able to create something similar for flightsim. (Obviously not with worldwide scenery.)

18 minutes ago, J van E said:

Well, yet, but er... when I 'fly' over Google Earth's 3D cities with my Rift I think flightsims are a long way behind... :happy: At a regular flying altitude Google Earth looks utterly amazing. So much detail, it is incredible. Somehow someone should be able to create something similar for flightsim. (Obviously not with worldwide scenery.)

You and I just have different priorities and tastes, which is fine, and we both have good options now.

I get off on seeing the sun casting shadows on trees and buildings, the color of sunlight changing hue on the sides of buildings in the late afternoon or sunset. Not to mention seeing my town lit with streetlights and moving car headlights at night. I'm never going to see that with Google Maps, just a clear day overhead snapshot. Or with orthophoto-based scenery. Different strokes...

Edited by Paraffin
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

You and I just have different priorities and tastes, which is fine, and we both have good options now.

I get off on seeing the sun casting shadows on trees and buildings, the color of sunlight changing hue on the sides of buildings in the late afternoon or sunset. Not to mention seeing my town lit with streetlights and moving car headlights at night. I'm never going to see that with Google Maps, just a clear day overhead snapshot. Or with orthophoto-based scenery. Different strokes...

Hn, yes, er... well, I didn't say Google Earth was perfect... :cool::happy: But yes, it is great we have all those options now. Even though not a single one comes close to what I want from a sim. :happy:

5 hours ago, J van E said:

But Google Earth doesn't also have to work out complex aerodynamics, model engine systems, run flight and engine instruments, update navigation systems, produce workable ATC, provide moving ground, sea and air traffic, generate and continuously update realistic weather, have different images for different times of day and season... I could go on with all the many other things that a flight sim does. Google has it easy - that's how it can be made to look so good.

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

11 hours ago, J van E said:

We obviously need Google Flight Simulator! :cool:

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

FSW - What a HUGE disappointment!

Watching the promo videos I was expecting for the next generation sim and in reality its not even close to that.

I wish I saw this post before buying it. As For now, it really feels like a waste of money...

Can someone please share tweaking tips to make look a bit better? (colors are so bright, the runway looks so white! I thought my retina is going to be burnt)

I don't see my self using FSW instead of FSX or P3D.

My Rating for now is 4 out of 10, I hope it will get better in the future

Edited by sunshy

Give it time, not refunding my money knew it needed work on FSW engine. Have fsx and Xplane 11 if needed. It's early release it work in progress simulators like Euro Truck 2 and Xplane use same approach to update the engine. 

Edited by gizmosellsbunnys