Sign in to follow this  
Ottodavies123

ChasePlane won't Launch

Hi all,

I've been using ChasePlane since it came out and I love it! It has some bugs but most have been ironed out in the updates. But now I have a different problem! It doesn't even launch!!!!!!!!

Every time I try to launch it I get this message: "It looks like something unexpected occurred. A log has been saved on your Desktop. Please send it to ***@***.com. Sorry for the inconvenience." and the log says this: 

Time (UTC):       5/18/2017 7:00:57 PM
Launch (s):       0.4300697
Sim:              No running sim
Version:          0.2.36.0
.NET Framework:   4.6 RC or later
Nav:              No active nav

Exception: 
Could not load file or assembly 'SlimDX.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

Action Stack: 

StackTrace: 
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
   at A.B.A(String , String )
   at ChasePlane.App.App_Startup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at ChasePlane.App.Main()

---------------------- END OF LOG SECTION -----------------------

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall it, restart my computer and update the framework. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

With kind regards

Sam

Hi,

Make sure you have .NET Framework V4.6 installed with Visual C++ 2010 or above.

You can get them here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=42642
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344

Let me know if the issue persist afterward,

Best Regards,

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi there...I am having the exact same problem. Chase Plane worked absolutely fine for the longest time and then I lapsed from using Flight Simulator. When I just recently tried to get back into it and used Chase Plane, I got the exact same message Ottodavies 123. Support told me to also look at the .Net Framework angle but I have the latest up to date version. If there is any help out there that can make this work it would be much appreciated.

Have a great day,

Rob Pappin

@pappinr have you tried reinstalling from VFXCentral? This issue has been resolved a long time ago.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

On 10/6/2017 at 10:59 AM, Keven Menard said:

@pappinr have you tried reinstalling from VFXCentral? This issue has been resolved a long time ago.

Hi Kevin...Sorry I hadn't checked back here in a bit. I will give that a try and let you know. 

Thanks for the suggestion,

Rob

Have a great day,

Rob Pappin

2 hours ago, pappinr said:

Hi Kevin...Sorry I hadn't checked back here in a bit. I will give that a try and let you know. 

Thanks for the suggestion,

Rob

Even after installing from VFX and it telling me installation was successful, I get a message to the effect that something "something unexpected occurred" and it generates a log file:

{removed}

I have already tried the .NET fix but I do have the most recent version installed. Any help you can provide would be great as I am missing using this wonderful plugin!

Thanks,

Rob

Have a great day,

Rob Pappin

1 hour ago, pappinr said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-------- To avoid spambots, do not share this Log Online --------
---- Please send this file at ***@***.com for analysis ----

I removed the log file for the reason mentioned above. Please send via email.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

8 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

I removed the log file for the reason mentioned above. Please send via email.

Sorry Kevin...done.  I sent you (or your support people) an email.

Rob

Have a great day,

Rob Pappin

On 10/19/2017 at 8:11 PM, pappinr said:

Sorry Kevin...done.  I sent you (or your support people) an email.

Rob

Hi Kevin...scanning my email I still don't see a reply yet to help out with this Chase plane issue. Any chance I could get some help soon? I am really missing using this addon and look forward to getting it up and running.

Thanks a million,

Rob

Have a great day,

Rob Pappin

18 minutes ago, pappinr said:

Hi Kevin...scanning my email I still don't see a reply yet to help out with this Chase plane issue. Any chance I could get some help soon? I am really missing using this addon and look forward to getting it up and running.

Thanks a million,

Rob

Hi Rob,

The responsable person will take care of it shortly! Sorry for the wait

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

23 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Hi Rob,

The responsable person will take care of it shortly! Sorry for the wait

Thanks Kevin...I kind of figured you and your team were on this. Thanks for letting me know. I also have a couple of other addons...Airbus Immersion and the Precipfx packages. I love all these products and they really enhance the sim experience. Your hard work at development is greatly appreciated!

Cheers...Rob

Have a great day,

Rob Pappin