Sign in to follow this  
flynby

FS Steam Questions

Is FS Steam a separate stand alone program that installs to itself?  Or does it require FSX?   Currently, in FSX, I suddenly lost the ability to call up the map.  If it does require FSX, will it over right this map problem?

Searching to download, I see boxed versions and I see something that only has a *code to download*.  And I have seen some that come with FSX Deluxe, Acceleration and FSSteam, if I remember correctly.

I have FSX and Acceleration.  But I have been hearing of people not being able register FSX any more.  So what do I need to purchase?  Thanks.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_X_Steam_Edition/

Go here and purchase FSX-SE.  It is a download and it also contains Acceleration.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

And it has a map in the drop-down menu too.

While looking for this product a local Walmart, I discovered some kind of gift card or something for FS Steam.  This is not some type of game that you have to contribute all the time, is it?

45 minutes ago, flynby said:

While looking for this product a local Walmart, I discovered some kind of gift card or something for FS Steam.  This is not some type of game that you have to contribute all the time, is it?

Only if you want to buy payware products from Steam for your Sim.  They are happy to take your money!:dry:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, flynby said:

Is FS Steam a separate stand alone program that installs to itself?  Or does it require FSX?   Currently, in FSX, I suddenly lost the ability to call up the map.  If it does require FSX, will it over right this map problem?

Searching to download, I see boxed versions and I see something that only has a *code to download*.  And I have seen some that come with FSX Deluxe, Acceleration and FSSteam, if I remember correctly.

I have FSX and Acceleration.  But I have been hearing of people not being able register FSX any more.  So what do I need to purchase?  Thanks.

1 - it is a stand alone product

2 - The registration process still works - I have had to use it in the last month.

I appreciate everyone's help.  I feel better about the product now.  Hope everyone has a good weekend.