Sign in to follow this  
Guest lemonadedrinker

creating flights outside the sim.....?

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi all, While thinking how enjoyable FS9 is it dawned on me that it would be even better, for me, anyway,! if I might be reading something on a web page for example and think it could make an interesting flight and then be able to pull up the flight plan page from fs9 and create a plan then and there :(. I eagerly await informational responses of a positive nature which I am sure will be forthcoming if past requests for advice and info are anything to go by Andy.

Guest vrandar

Forget the flight planner in FS9, there are several offline or web based flight planners you could use which are so much better. I use FSBuild2 and export the flight plan to the PSS Airbus for use when I next load up the simulator.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

Hi Jim. One follow up point to your suggestion: I tried this a week or so ago after another discussion here. I ran into one problem however: The FSROUTE site doesn't seem to know where to place the aircraft's starting posiiton. Thus, by default, when you load this flight plan it moves the aircraft to the airport's reference point (from the AFCAD), which is usually some point in the middle of airport field. thus, as near as i can see, if you use flight plans generated this way, you should answer "no" to the question "Move aircraft to this location?"

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi there all,Many thanks for useful tips and advice!Andy.