Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Thank you DTG and Sincere Congratulations !

I am tired after a whole day of work, having rushed home as fast as I could in the middle of intense traffic, everything concurring to ruin my day... and my Historic Simmer day :-)

Arriving home, stwitching on the PC and starting to read the first posts here at AVSIM from those who had just installed FSW or had read / seen vídeos / streams from other users didn't help much

and I almost feared buying it, but I am now absolutely sure it was a Great Buy!

I am very satisfied with pretty much everything I tried so far, with the performance even on my old i5 2500 @ 3,3GHz, 16 GB Ram and GT 960 4GB graphics card, and with the default aircraft which are all great in look and

feel of flight!

I can only look forward for any further devlopments and offers of add-ons available in the future, and want to thank DTG for their dedication and what they've achieved already with just Early Access.

You have my sincere support and compliments ! Keep the good work !

P.S.: In Steam I am getting 2 messages of two new items in my Inventory ?  When I go there I see ( never even knew there was such a feature in my Steam account... ) two aircraft - fsw Malibu mirage ( Trading card ) and Piper PA18 also ( Trading card ) - what exactly are those ? Apparently two options are presented for each - "Turn into Gems" or "Sell" ???? What is this ?

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 4

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I agree.  I like it.  I just took my first flight from KIPT to KHMZ with fair weather in the Senaca and I quite enjoyed it.

Im going to try and keep a thoughtful open mind for a while and then give the constructive criticism they want but for now Im quite pleased.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I think it's time for us owners to open a central technical thread to exchange impressions, suggestions and help and leave the several other ones already open for other discussions, including bashing and praising.
Can anybody kindly do that? I can'do it at the moment, family priorities.

3 hours ago, barrel_owl said:

I think it's time for us owners to open a central technical thread to exchange impressions, suggestions and help and leave the several other ones already open for other discussions, including bashing and praising.
Can anybody kindly do that? I can'do it at the moment, family priorities.

totally agree we should start a thread like this ....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I own it, and for a 64-bit application... i honestly expected better performance than FSX graphically speaking.  There are no buildings on the airports, trees are growing out of control as if they revamped the land class but forgot what level of tree density to use.  Frame rates were no different than FSX.

• Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

The missions are very well done - you guys should fly them, I think it gives a better feel for what FSW has to offer.    I never really got into the scenarios with FSX, but it easier here with the simple interface and it keeps track of your progress somewhat like Flight.   Kind of fun and challenging - had to redo a couple lol.

Thank you DTG, great job, enthusiastic!

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

My airports have buildings for sure.

Actually I am seeing in DTG's FSW airfields, like those I fly into or from IRL, that were never available for me in FSX unless I installed some freeware offers, the same applying to XP10 and XP11. 

In LPPT even the Terminal2 buildings are there ! Is it AEROSOFT Lisbon Airport quality ? Of course not, but certainly not worst than what I get in X-Plane, or in FSX, quite on the contrary.

With default install I prefer, by far, DTG's FSW autogen that X-Plane's.

I didn't yet have time to explore the Missions, but will surely give them a good try, as well as training.

The default aircraft are all Great !  Never had any of these models ( less the Cub ) for FSX, and their detail is high quality. Never thought Carenado was so good overall - in fact my only Carenado for FSX / P3D was the B1900d which I really liked very much. If the fleet is mostly originating from Carenado, then, I am now a Carenado convert too, but of course I need my A2A stuff as soon as it is made available, just as my Aerosoft and Just Flight preferred add-ons ever !

There isn't a single reason for me to not believe in this platform, and to not keep it in and enjoy the most out of it, specially given IT IS STILL JUST IN EA !!!! ( sorry for shouting... it's because it's early morning and I am really enthusiastic after having again started the sim and made a small LPMT - LPPT flight :-) in nice weather, like it is today around here too IRL... ).

Do I miss VR stuff ?  No I don't - I still have IL.2 installed although I avoid starting it because it pushes me into playing useless air combat, and IL.2 has excellent VR as I read, but for VR, I really prefer my weekend glider flights... and the dizziness caused by the VR sets is confirms by a recent experience at a local hardware store :-/

Real World Weather, do I miss it, as well as the ability to set the date ? Yes I do, but I know it's going to be in some upcoming update, either as a nice add-on weather injector, or a default feature ( the date / time setting at least, because without it I can't really validate my mandatory requirement for any flight sim - the correct daylight and Moon ephemeris ! )

I Knew I was right ! Yesterday was a Historic Day for civil Flight Simulation !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...