Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

FSW Tweaks to share??

So far I haven't been able to get FSW looking how I would like it to look. Nothing like the promos or streams that are about.

The scenery is sparse & not a credit to Orbx Global FTX, & the aircraft are "rough" as regards external appearance. The Piper Cub FDE I found to be good.

Not sure if it's my settings - but if anyone has installed it & tuned up aspects of it or NVIDIA, or their systems generally, & are happy with the outcome - could they share the tweaks?

Thanks

TT45

26 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

So far I haven't been able to get FSW looking how I would like it to look. Nothing like the promos or streams that are about.

The scenery is sparse & not a credit to Orbx Global FTX, & the aircraft are "rough" as regards external appearance. The Piper Cub FDE I found to be good.

Not sure if it's my settings - but if anyone has installed it & tuned up aspects of it or NVIDIA, or their systems generally, & are happy with the outcome - could they share the tweaks?

Thanks

TT45

Here is my.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I had not change anything yet all i got available is an older laptop till  get home and I'm happy with somewhat medium settings . i did notice that the night environment looks a bit too dark for me .... 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Found in my haste to start flying that I hadn't checked the default FSW settings.

Settings/Display/Graphical: Graphics, Aircraft, Scenery were all set to "Lo"

As a result had terrible Graphics, Aircraft & scenery

Once I changed them all to "Ultra", appearance was vastly improved.

I wonder how many people loaded FSW, flew on the defaults & then chucked it in??

T45

52 minutes ago, Spackman said:

Found in my haste to start flying that I hadn't checked the default FSW settings.

Settings/Display/Graphical: Graphics, Aircraft, Scenery were all set to "Lo"

Strange, my default settings were set to "High". Perhaps FSW set the initial value based on some sort of initial evaluation?

Give people power to really test their personality.

It also appears not all the settings are controlled from one place. When posting in another thread about the poor LOD/draw distance I was pointed to a sub feature of the free flight menu where you can specify visibility setting up weather. However this does not have a repeater function in game (that I can see) or applicable to tutorials/missions.