Sign in to follow this  
dal330200

Come on LM, Show us Some Love Here...When's it Gonna Be?

Now that we've suffered through the beta release of XP11, and the bare bones, test run, or whatever you want to call it release of DTG's 64bit sim, maybe it's time to toss us P3D lovers a bone and do the same thing?  Of course, just make sure that it all of our v3 addons will be able to be migrated beforehand:-)

I'm really ready for v4, mainly because I think scenery developers are holding off on new releases until after that magic day arrives, and I'm starving for some new airports.  One of the only things that I like about XP11 is there is a ton of addon airports available, and I'm really hoping to see our options grow in P3D land as well.

If only LM could give us a guesstimate...come on folks, what do you have to lose, v4 can't be in any worse shape than the other releases, can it?

Edited by dal330200

17 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

Now that we've suffered through the beta release of XP11, and the bare bones, test run, or whatever you want to call it release of DTG's 64bit sim, maybe it's time to toss us P3D lovers a bone and do the same thing?  Of course, just make sure that it all of our v3 addons will be able to be migrated beforehand:-)

I'm really ready for v4, mainly because I think scenery developers are holding off on new releases until after that magic day arrives, and I'm starving for some new airports.  One of the only things that I like about XP11 is there is a ton of addon airports available, and I'm really hoping to see our options grow in P3D land as well.

If only LM could give us a guesstimate...come on folks, what do you have to lose, v4 can't be in any worse shape than the other releases, can it?

Nice thread fishing title

Edited by GHarrall

Feck...delete this useless thread!  Where's the negative rep option?

• Upvote 3

spacer.png

Err...bad choice of words methinks.  Sorry for the tease fellas.  

John

• Upvote 1

Heres my 2c.

1. The beta page for p3dv4 is now gone (Suggests to me the beta is finished)

2. The finding of Website assets for the 05 month including p3dv4 logos and buy now banners, (The page is now locked access)

3. The Style of P3D website now the dark colouring which matches the leaked logo from Aerosoft's forum a while ago.

If I had to take a punt on the release it's by the end of May, 

• Upvote 2

Love the useless claims of "have-a-clue". LOL :)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I don't think that the LM simulation group is spending most of their waking hours contemplating  P3d. LM recently provisionally won this contract from the US Army:

http://www.militaryaerospace.com/articles/2017/04/simulation-laser-combat-vehicle.html

The laser VTESS concept is explained  here (by one of their bid competitors):

https://www.cubic.com/Portals/0/Files/Tech-Center/11741_013_V2 Laser Engagement br_lr.pdf

I also would like to know. Why even guess, we wont know till we know. I had hoped the website changes would have signaled an imminent release. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

They did announce they would be at Flightsim con 2017.  I dont believe they would be there to talk v3.4. It will come, in the meantime v3.4 has been the best flightsim I have ever owned since I began in 1989.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, bravoboy37 said:

They did announce they would be at Flightsim con 2017.  I dont believe they would be there to talk v3.4. It will come, in the meantime v3.4 has been the best flightsim I have ever owned since I began in 1989.

They are attending, nothing about exibiting though..

9 minutes ago, RancidViper said:

They are attending, nothing about exibiting though..

Ya, will see.  Personally I dont know why they would bother to show with nothing to say.

Edited by bravoboy37
From LM "participating in a panel discussion with fellow flight simulation developers on the first day of the conference"
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I don't think that the LM simulation group is spending most of their waking hours contemplating  P3d. LM recently provisionally won this contract from the US Army:

http://www.militaryaerospace.com/articles/2017/04/simulation-laser-combat-vehicle.html

The laser VTESS concept is explained  here (by one of their bid competitors):

https://www.cubic.com/Portals/0/Files/Tech-Center/11741_013_V2 Laser Engagement br_lr.pdf

But we already know that the P3d group at LM are separately resourced. I can't imagine any of the P3d devs are involved in this. 

• Upvote 1

I sure hope that the vehicle is not limited by 32bits, otherwise the weapons will be OOM every time a laser beam is fired.  On that note, I've been pretty happy with v3 also, but v4 coming out is like having a bonus X-mas in May? 

33 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

I sure hope that the vehicle is not limited by 32bits, otherwise the weapons will be OOM every time a laser beam is fired.  On that note, I've been pretty happy with v3 also, but v4 coming out is like having a bonus X-mas in May? 

My 3.4 is working perfectly, no issues at all. Probably won't start with version 4 until all my add ons, and I have many of them, work properly in in version 4. I flew FS9, FSX and Flight for years, wouldn't mind keeping 3.4 the way it is now, for many more. No sense fixing something that isn't broken. 

• Upvote 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Remember, if v4 is 64bit, most addons are going to have to be converted which will take some time.

NAX669.png