Sign in to follow this  
dal330200

Come on LM, Show us Some Love Here...When's it Gonna Be?

It just occurred to me the great irony of asking a Defense Contractor where the love is.  LOL

• Upvote 6

54 minutes ago, mwilk said:

Remember, if v4 is 64bit, most addons are going to have to be converted which will take some time.

Given the number of Prepar3D Developer Network Partners LM has listed on their website, one would think they have access to the SDK for V4 already - given that it has supposedly been in testing for months already.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Given the number of Prepar3D Developer Network Partners LM has listed on their website, one would think they have access to the SDK for V4 already - given that it has supposedly been in testing for months already.

Yep...like pmdg for example.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I don't think that the LM simulation group is spending most of their waking hours contemplating  P3d. LM recently provisionally won this contract from the US Army:

http://www.militaryaerospace.com/articles/2017/04/simulation-laser-combat-vehicle.html

The laser VTESS concept is explained  here (by one of their bid competitors):

https://www.cubic.com/Portals/0/Files/Tech-Center/11741_013_V2 Laser Engagement br_lr.pdf

Having been on the military procurement side and visiting LM I can assure you that they are fully capable of operating many, many projects at the same time. In fact, project teams don't even know what other teams are working on. I was asked to look at an aircraft, I asked about simulation training for the new aircraft and the aircraft team did not even know LM had a simulation branch. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, denali said:

It just occurred to me the great irony of asking a Defense Contractor where the love is.  LOL

LOL - I always thought the same thing when we decorated our warships with Christmas lights...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

It would be nice to at least know that the release is a matter of weeks or months or what? I personally have been holding out on buying 3.4 since a while and running my 2009 box on the first ever released i7 with 2.5. I have some major gear investments planned, all dependent on the 4.0 release. Any news from LM would be very welcome.

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Agreed it would be extremely useful to know for budget planning.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

I am also wondering if developers will be ready when the release comes.  Since many of them have been in the loop throughout the process I'm sure, then they probably are.  If that's the case, then we shouldn't have to wait for a lot of addons to be re-worked.  I also wonder how new default airports will look.  I'm not expecting miracles, but if they are based on satellite imagery, then they may be decent enough to use until addons are created as well. 

In the meantime, it took months to get 3.4 working to my liking, and I fly heavy metal all the time with all of the resource-intensive addons that are commonly talked about around here.  However, I really want to fly to different places, and addon options are scarce and often dated.  I'm sure that developers are either holding back or waiting to be able to release products once v4 is out.  If it's going to be a while, then developers who are not in the loop can keep producing halfway decent airports.

I am hopeful that the new website and those images/links that referred to v4 are signs of a May release.  However, if that's not the case, then it would be nice of LM to release a statement saying it's going to be a while just so we know.  I mean if the other platforms are out and still in development, what does LM have to lose? 

John

PMDG for one promises a free 64 bit upgrade.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

PMDG for one promises a free 64 bit upgrade.

I have to say that the 737 is by far my favorite aircraft to fly, even more than the 777.  Don't tell anyone, but I'd even be willing to pay for them again if I had to for v4.  

1 minute ago, dal330200 said:

I am hopeful that the new website and those images/links that referred to v4 are signs of a May release.  However, if that's not the case, then it would be nice of LM to release a statement saying it's going to be a while just so we know.  I mean if the other platforms are out and still in development, what does LM have to lose? 

John

Just my loose thoughts, but considering that LM are attending (not presenting) FSC2017, one would think that they would have a booth with some kind of exhibit.  It's highly unlikely that they would show up with V3.4. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, ErichB said:

Just my loose thoughts, but considering that LM are attending (not presenting) FSC2017, one would think that they would have a booth with some kind of exhibit.  It's highly unlikely that they would show up with V3.4. 

LM are NOT exhibiting..period

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Well... we'll see how big a deal it is to 'convert' addons from 32-bit to 64-bit.

I would think most sceneries would work more or less out of the box (FlyTampa Copenhagen worked for FSW, with the exception of some issue with some effects). Sceneries, which in one way or another, is relying on SimConnect or some sort of external module won't work. That would be FSDT, (existing) FlightBeam sceneries and most complex aircraft (PMDG, FSLabs, Aerosoft etc...)

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

24 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I agree.  That would be a PR nightmare, not to mention the hordes of people peppering the reps with questions.  On the other hand, what would happen if v4 is a flop out of the gate and they need to deal with those repercussions.  Oh the speculation can drive me nuts...