Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Bug report, Seneca

This plane looks great, but the avionics are unfinished at best..

I assume that I am not telling the team anything new, but since

they released it in this state, I may as well write it down.

- the knob on the STEC autopilot is supposed to be for adjusting VS, not HDG

- the G500 left knob should be multifunction and adjust HDG, ALT, etc.  ALT does not work

- this same knob should increase HDG and VS when turned clockwise with the mouse wheel, not the other way around (popup is correct)

- the AP switch in the panel is animated backwards, and should also have an FD setting

since the base airplane appears to be a Carenado design, why are the things that work in the FSX version so totally incomplete in this version?  I really do not understand.

I hope this gets fixed in an early update - contact me for details if necessary..  :cool:

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Bert

As usual, a great post, Bert. Succinct and informative.

@Bert Pieke, another thing I noticed, I was unable to open the FPL page, while the MAP and AUX page seem to work.
Can you confirm that?

Could it be that the overhead panel switches are all the wrong way around? I found some info that indicates the switches to be off when the word "OFF" on top is visible.

A

5 hours ago, aentwis said:

Could it be that the overhead panel switches are all the wrong way around? I found some info that indicates the switches to be off when the word "OFF" on top is visible.

A

Some of the switches are correct, others are not... just poor quality control.  :huh:

Bert

Back to the STEC VS knob... this one is more than just broken, it has got a new "fantasy role"..

This is an interesting development to watch.. If Dovetail sticks to "re-imagining" widely used

avionics, instead of simulating the actual units, this switches from "Simulator" to "Game" and

I am out.   :huh:

Bert

48 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Back to the STEC VS knob... this one is more than just broken, it has got a new "fantasy role"..

What kind of "fantasy" does it fulfill?  If it fixes the color palette, I may still be in :biggrin:.

The STEC is obviously not feature complete - I wouldn't necessarily call that a set of bugs.   With so many developments still a work in progress and not included in the sim, it could be that more time will be spent on this or a third party solution will be added by them in the future, like the accusim coding.     Rudder trim working backwards, that is a bug :)

It would be nice to have, in addition to the 'bug' list google doc that has been posted elsewhere, to have an orderly features list, and maybe feedback on features aside from general buggery. 

(can't edit)  I agree with everything Bert posted, just trying to clarify that missing features are notable but not 'bugs' per se.

There are lots of "bugs" in the piper cherokee too, as far as gauges and systems.  Is there a best place to report these to DT?  Or find out if they are already known, or just missing features?

5 hours ago, MadDog said:

What kind of "fantasy" does it fulfill?  If it fixes the color palette, I may still be in :biggrin:.

I wish...

What I meant to say, is that someone decided to program specific new functions for the STEC VS knob that are in conflict with the real unit and the way it works.

This is not a "bug", nor a missing feature, but a design decision (and not a good one IMHO..)  :huh:

• Upvote 1

Bert