Sign in to follow this  
Hegedus Marton

REX Offically coming to the X-Plane 11

Good news to get. Xenviro will do a basic enough approximation until then. I was going to get SMP4 but now I probably won't bother.

It's not exactly news since that thread is more than a month old and IIRC Rex have announced their intention to develop something for XP some time before. Their priority however lies with Skyforce and as far as I know they haven't announced any specific plans for XP yet. Let's wait and see what they actually have to contribute to the platform.

1 hour ago, domae001 said:

It's not exactly news since that thread is more than a month old and IIRC Rex have announced their intention to develop something for XP some time before. Their priority however lies with Skyforce and as far as I know they haven't announced any specific plans for XP yet. Let's wait and see what they actually have to contribute to the platform.

Yes, but if it is true. Why they said that, they will develop?

Nice good to know, I just deleted REX for FSX and P3D. I am also deleting FSX and P3D with all my add-ons.  Maybe I will look at P3D 64bit in the future but now I will only use X-plane 11.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, marci1229 said:

Yes, but if it is true. Why they said that, they will develop?

I'm not sure if I understand your question. Why shouldn't they tell about their plans to develop for XP? A lot of companies do that: They announce their intention to develop something, but remain vague because they don't know themselves what and how it'll be. And instead of promising something they may not be able to deliver, they phrase things in a more general way so no feelings get hurt.

10 hours ago, Nacerous said:

Good news to get. Xenviro will do a basic enough approximation until then. I was going to get SMP4 but now I probably won't bother.

REX is a comprehensive weather engine?

26 minutes ago, petabread said:

That's what REX said about x-plane 10 when it was released. Still waiting...

I was about to say the same thing ! I was one of the original guys to ask the question in their forum about XP-10 and 11. And got the typical positive response.

They have their hands full with FSX, P3D V4, FSW. If they do release something for XPX it will be years from now, if at all. So don't hold your breath guys !

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Probably should rename this thread 'REX officially aware of X-Plane 11'.

• Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Or something like "Following Orbx statement, Rex announced they will develop for XP11" :dry:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, letec said:

Exactly. I do not know why they are making false hopes.

That's what they do; hyperbole marketing is thy name....

Matt King

23 hours ago, marci1229 said:

Hello everybody!

I'm very happy now because I heard the REX is coming to the X-Plane 11! I found a question on the REX forum.

There is: https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44573-moved-from-fsx-to-x-plane-11/

Answer: Xplane is definitely on our radar scope and plans.

So the REX is coming! :)

And then watch Austin ruin it all with his gigantic ego :(

• Upvote 3

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

2 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Probably should rename this thread 'REX officially aware of X-Plane 11'.

Dang funny, but true, post! :biggrin: