Sign in to follow this  
Hegedus Marton

REX Offically coming to the X-Plane 11

REX here for v9....disappear for v10....maybe back in v11?....

Edited by pugilist2

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I hope REX doesn't come to XP11, and this "staking out territory" business is annoying. We already have two payware options for weather that satisfy different needs -- XEnviro and Skymaxx Pro. I don't think we need another weather plugin that is essentially cosmetic.

What we NEED, is for Laminar to wake up and give us something better than the simplistic 2-dimensional weather modeling in the underlying sim. Something that can model discrete weather fronts and towering CB's with internal vertical convection. Scary thunderstorms. There are no scary thunderstorms in this sim, at least in the visual and dynamic sense.

I know the mantra is "choices are good," but I don't want to see yet another cosmetic weather plugin, that will continue giving Laminar a pass on a weather system that is nowhere near as good as the aerodynamics and scenery in the sim.

/pet peeve 

• Upvote 5

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

If it is something like SkyForce3D that is coming I'll let REX 'stake out' territory all day long because quite frankly, REX has better artists and designers than SkyMax and xEnviro combined and their 'eye candy' art will bury the other two in the Earth.    See, I think X-Plane users are so use to the bad weather that they are just happy to have something like SkyMaxx and xEnviro to rely on but honestly it is a crutch... they are mediocre looking and performing when compared to pretty much all the weather platforms available in FSX/P3D.     Yeah, we need the weather engine itself to be better (and who is to say REX won't be the ones to do this instead of waiting for Laminar?) but we also need more than... what is that on the BMP file...  20 cloud bitmaps at the most?    Please... you cannot generate diverse looking weather with that.    SkyForce3D uses hundreds and hundreds of cloud bitmaps to generate pretty much every single kind of cloud pattern you can see in the real world from the surfrace all the way up to 40000 feet.    It is insanity to not want that kind of detail brought to X-Plane because 'its just another eye candy program'.   Come on over REX, my wallet is waiting.

• Upvote 3

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

3 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

Another thing Rex are known for...water.:happy:

Which might not be needed soon. There was some mention of a new method worked out for improving water colors, especially things like shallow water colors in the tropics. It didn't make the cut for the first XP11 version, but I assume it's still on the near horizon.

This is the kind of thing that I would much rather see in the base scenery engine if they can manage it, rather than a payware add-on.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Interesting - altough I'm not sure I would purchase it. xEnviro with HD freeware cloud textures is quite good... I don't know - depends on, what they'll develop for X-Plane

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

It's always welcome to have more variety of realistic looking sky textures and clouds in X-Plane!  I feel Xenviro has the most realistic looking sky textures and clouds, but never purchased due to the restriction of needing an internet connection after activation and no custom weather.  Hopefully, REX makes a debut soon.

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

On 20.5.2017 at 1:50 PM, Denco said:

And then watch Austin ruin it all with his gigantic ego :(

i think it was the other way around ;)

JV is great at leashing it out on others but when he is on the receiving end its something different. And if one snarky comment (and tbh a very deserved one) is enough to walk away hurt then you are a manchild ;)

Also lets be honest, Austin had never anything to do with the reason. He used X-Plane to get some attention for the other posts, or even worse, never bothered to do some intel before the announcement to realize that x-plane does not have a built in DRM. 

• Upvote 3

X-plane clouds always room to improve them and same with the sky.  If Rex can improve it no brainer to buy. 

• Upvote 1

On 21/05/2017 at 4:59 AM, airlinejets said:

Another thing Rex are known for...water.:happy:

And announcing new products that never see the light of day.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

>And announcing new products that never see >the light of day.

I would hope that is not the case. I would welcome any 3rd party who wish come the Xplane community. 

In 2016 at two separate events LR made the big announcement of what was to come in Xplane 10.50 and 10.51 and gave us a glimpses of what was to come in Xplane 11 with actual videos.

Xplane 11 went beta and enviro was release and we saw the wow factor that took place from many  fsx and pd3 crossovers. This happen at the end of 2016. 

Nothing from the compitition was announce of any release dates let alone what it was going to look like. 

Since then Xplane 11 is reaching it version 02 release and this community can only hope for 3rd party attention from some of the leading players in the business. 

While we have an announced product from the competition with so many 3rd party lining up, making strong opinions as to whether or not they will be able to fit in to the change market requirements with no SDK avalible. 

This is with little effort from community for asking 3rd party for support for that platform in a already over crowded market.

So I would welcome any 3rd party and support them it they choose Xplane 11.

Bob

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Well I am hopeful but this probably still years out :(

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Sanctus

This is great news. 

Now we will have something more to look foward too.

I would hope other 3rd parties would follow suit in support of all platform.

Thanks for the link.

Bob