Sign in to follow this  
Hegedus Marton

REX Offically coming to the X-Plane 11

This was a very underwhelming answer. 

"It basically said, we are still delveloping for P3D and FSX and we will continue to do so in the forseable future.

However we know there are other simulators out there and maybe you will see something sometimes or nothing because we havent really started to do anything with them"  :D

They have now provided a table in that same thread: https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44983-rex-response-to-xp11-fsw-and-p3dv4/#comment-289274

Apparantly, the "sky force", "environment force", "weather force", and "simair" product are currently under review for XP11, meaning they are actively figuring out whether they can be brought to that platform or not. As far as I know, "Sky Force" would be a somewhat enhanced cloud texture replacement, "weather force" will probably be a weather generator, and "environment force" I have no clue about, neither about Simair.

I know Rex Essential was a real game changer for me in FSX, but since then I have lost a bit track of their offerings and cannot really tell whether one should get excited about any of these addons...

I agree with alpha12125. I don't think they really revealed anything and the post was pretty much disappointing and was similar to PMDG's X-Plane post update. Either way, I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon, but that doesn't mean other developers aren't standing still.

• Upvote 1

Isn't their SkyForce product becoming vapour ware already? :P Or better said, they are been extremely quiet about it for quite some time?

It will be good if they actually get to XP. But it won't be the end of the world if they do not arrive. That's what i think in the end.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

11 minutes ago, bgpearce01 said:

I can't see a single word in that photo haha. 

Click on the image once the new page loads.

Ok now that im on a computer and not my phone I can see it.  "In Review" huh. I like Rex products and them as a company, it would be great if they could come on over to the XP platform.  

Well here is the start of a new adventure. Let just hope that others will join the X-Plane 11.  It would be nice to have Active Sky and others to join the ranks

On 5/20/2017 at 11:49 AM, Kuragiman said:

It is insanity to not want that kind of detail brought to X-Plane because 'its just another eye candy program'.   Come on over REX, my wallet is waiting.

Exactly :biggrin:

Rich Sennett

Michelh

That is my point also.

If one capitalize on an opportunity, other may follow. I think it a better oppertumity for 3rd party new sales as oppose to free or discounted upgrades. Kind of spread the wreath of add on's and compitition.

Bob

Yes exactly BobFS38.

Now that P3D 64bit format is out, some developer's will be upgrading there products free of charge. So who wins? certainly not the add-on developers. Since many flight simmers including myself  have switch to X-Plane 11 it only make sense for more developers to come on board. I have already purchase over $1000.00 of add-on for FSX and P3D , so I am not interested in purchasing any for these two sims. However, I will probably be purchasing P3D vers 4 if my add-on have free upgrade, but I will not pay for v3 to v4 add-on upgrade.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, michelh said:

Yes exactly BobFS38.

Now that P3D 64bit format is out, some developer's will be upgrading there products free of charge. So who wins? certainly not the add-on developers. Since many flight simmers including myself  have switch to X-Plane 11 it only make sense for more developers to come on board. I have already purchase over $1000.00 of add-on for FSX and P3D , so I am not interested in purchasing any for these two sims. However, I will probably be purchasing P3D vers 4 if my add-on have free upgrade, but I will not pay for v3 to v4 add-on upgrade.

I feel exactly the same way. Will purchase P3DV4 once the dust settles and use it with existing add-ons that are or become compatible. Will not be purchasing anything new for P3DV4.

Concentrating now on Xplane 11. I have weaned myself off of AI and ATC (yes I know options are available). However I am finding it difficult to live with the weather experience in Xplane 11. I am sure we all have different requirements for what is really important for a great immersive experience. For me weather is an extremely important part of the simulation to provide that immersion factor.

I just hope that REX or HiFi can bring something to the table here and the wait is not too long.

Regard Michael

• Upvote 1

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

11 hours ago, michaelray said:

I feel exactly the same way. Will purchase P3DV4 once the dust settles and use it with existing add-ons that are or become compatible. Will not be purchasing anything new for P3DV4.

Concentrating now on Xplane 11. I have weaned myself off of AI and ATC (yes I know options are available). However I am finding it difficult to live with the weather experience in Xplane 11. I am sure we all have different requirements for what is really important for a great immersive experience. For me weather is an extremely important part of the simulation to provide that immersion factor.

I just hope that REX or HiFi can bring something to the table here and the wait is not too long.

Regard Michael

honestly I had active sky and xenviro is pretty good considering its relatvily new and xp has its weather engine limitations. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080