Sign in to follow this  
jmcmanna

Multiple Joystick Inputs

I am using six BU0836X cards in a large sim strategically scattered throughout the overhead, pedestal, and behind the MIP.  LINDA has been instrumental in making it all work, but I do have a headache and am hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Occasionally I will have to unplug one of the cards to change a pot, or I'll get some sort of driver error with a card (not LINDA related) and I will have to shut down and restart everything.  Now the next time I start P3D and LINDA, two of the BU0836X cards will have swapped assignments within LINDA.  Is there a way to keep this from happening?  Most of the time, I can restart the computer again and everything goes back, but I have had a few times where I had to reprogram all of the buttons on two of the cards.  Each BU0836X card stays plugged into the same USB port; that never changes.

The BU0836X cards should be uniquely identified by their serial number. LINDA will use this to ensure that the cards do not get mixed up. 

Please check the Setup Joystick page and confirm that a serial number is listed against each USB card.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

On 19/05/2017 at 2:57 PM, jmcmanna said:

I am using six BU0836X cards in a large sim strategically scattered throughout the overhead, pedestal, and behind the MIP.  LINDA has been instrumental in making it all work, but I do have a headache and am hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Occasionally I will have to unplug one of the cards to change a pot, or I'll get some sort of driver error with a card (not LINDA related) and I will have to shut down and restart everything.  Now the next time I start P3D and LINDA, two of the BU0836X cards will have swapped assignments within LINDA.  Is there a way to keep this from happening?  Most of the time, I can restart the computer again and everything goes back, but I have had a few times where I had to reprogram all of the buttons on two of the cards.  Each BU0836X card stays plugged into the same USB port; that never changes.

Hi,

I have had the same problem with LB cards. When it happens (which I cannot seem to stop) i find it easier to change the joystick numbers in config-hid.lua file.

Flick a switch on the card and look to see which joystick number is being operated, then overwrite the number in the current config-hid.lua file to match the correct assignments. (This is the long 9 digit number i.e 1DD211500)

I have noticed that when this happens LINDA seems to matchup the joystick number to the assignments rather than the LB serial number. In fact when it happens it shows  {NoSerNum} in the config-hid.lua file so it seems to prioritise joystick numbers over the card serial number and it is windows that assigns different joystick numbers each time you unplug.

It's a pain as i have designed my home cockpit to be unplugged after use! 

Cheers

Stinger 

On 5/19/2017 at 3:15 PM, ScotFlieger said:

The BU0836X cards should be uniquely identified by their serial number. LINDA will use this to ensure that the cards do not get mixed up. 

Please check the Setup Joystick page and confirm that a serial number is listed against each USB card.

Hi Andrew,

Sorry to keep pestering you with this one butI am still having this problem and I wonder if it's to do with the fact

that on the joysticks setup page witihn LINDA  I can see all of my Leo Bodnar serial numbers, however, in the config-hid.lua file all are shown as {NoSerNum} ?

Should the config-hid.lua file be updating automatically or do I need to write the serial numbers in manually?

cheers

Stinger