Sign in to follow this  
hpwells1

Product ID Number?

I just recently purchased  Radar Contact V4.3 and I am not sure what Product ID number should be inserted  to get the key  for this program.  Is the number  the one you get when on you order invoice/receipt (Product Code 16 digits including dash)??  is the Product ID and the Product Code one of the same??

HP wells.

HP, I would imagine so.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It should show in the registration dialog box. That gets sent in with automatic registration and is unique to your system or you need to include it to get your key code which would be inserted.in that same dialog box on another line. See the help topic.

It has been a long time since I've seen it since it only appears on installation. Be sure you keep a copy of the-mail returning your key code.

Also keep a safe copy of your download file in case you need to reinstall.

This program is a piece of S$!&&.  Can I Sell my key and ID number to someone who would like it????  I will never use it.  My idea of improvement is to "NOT" have to use the mouse or the computer in my flight simulator.  (real aircraft don't have computers in them)  FSX has almost the same thing in their program (ATS) now and it is much easer to use.  Very dissatisfied

hpwells1

Your key is unique to your system and will not work on another system.

jdtllc.com is pretty liberal in its refunds. Send your specific comments to:

dthompss@comcast.net

a direct address for partner (and retired ATC person) Doug Thompson.

However, it is obvious you did not read the tutorials in the manual (which can be downloaded free from jdtllc.com). There are also other add-on utilities where you can program voice recognition to operate the menu keys if that is your problem. FSX (Steam Version)  ATC requires your computer input as well unless you have voice recognition added.

Most real modern aircraft have some type of computers in them even if just a GPS which is a computer system, just to keep you up-to-date. However, I have simulated a GA aircraft (Cherokee 180) that I used to fly real world that did not have any digital instruments. I just used a combination of visual references backed up by VOR based intersections on the real world VFR charts. I had a real commercial pilot's license (limited to VFR) single engine and in FS9 I found its ATC hard to work with so I acquired RC and found it more realistic. Real ATC does not just drop you unless you are really sloppy but will talk you down to a landing assuming you are qualified and direct you to a safe out of the way area.

RC is designed with controlled airspace in mind but has facilities for non-controlled airports. A flight plan of some type is required, though.

7 hours ago, hpwells1 said:

This program is a piece of S$!&&.  Can I Sell my key and ID number to someone who would like it????  I will never use it.  My idea of improvement is to "NOT" have to use the mouse or the computer in my flight simulator.  (real aircraft don't have computers in them)  FSX has almost the same thing in their program (ATS) now and it is much easer to use.  Very dissatisfied

hpwells1

wow  how  do  you  select  the  switches in the cockpit  if  you dont use the mouse?   real aircraft   do have  computers  in them  so dont  know  where  your  going  with this.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I occasionally fly on a friend's system who has a real 737 cockpit. He has a touchscreen utilising WideFS that he uses to communicate with Radar Contact.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I do understand what you are saying.  I am not looking for a refund, I purchased the program not knowing what it's capabilities were and that is my problem.  I am not going to sell my key, (bad words spoken) but I don't think I will use the program either.  I will however look into the add- on for speech recognition to see if that would work for me.  Most of my controls (buttons and switches) in my Motion Platform Flight Simulator are controlled with FSUIPC and X-keys to include the Arduino boards (3 ea.) .  I am mainly trying to have the ATC be voice operated (not pushing key pad numbers).  I will probably go with VOX ATC.

HPwells1

You might be interested in this thread regarding getting VOX ATC to recognize AI. Apparently it likes to generate its own and is somewhat random. Just click on the thread title above. I found it searching for VOX to get to its site. I use various AI traffic downloads, mostly WOAI, which also has a GA section.

If you search this forum you'll find some threads regarding voice identification apps that work with RC and some other ATC apps (It's one that provides ground-towing comms, cabin announcements, etc). They work with AI as presented in FS (as does RC) and therefore sync with AI traffic for proper traffic pattern analysis. FS ATC player (dll) controls AI as usual and uses the traffic schedule.

If you do not use RC, send your refund request with comments to Doug anyway.

Edited by ronzie