Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wizzards

FSX 32 bit aircraft and scenery in FSW

5 posts in this topic

just read on the SOH forum that the guys have used mega scenery and added Carenado and Alabeo Cessna's aircraft to FSW ,seemed like they maybe need a bit of tweaking,has any one here tried adding the cant be used 32 bit add ons,I thought anything 32 bit would not work? with a 64 bit sim! well you live and learn don't you,i must say it is great to see people really trying out and experimenting with FSW instead of knocking it! which will simply get us nowhere

Peter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There shouldn't be anything in the way of installing (relatively) simple planes, systems wise, into FSW. As long as they're XML based and aren't relying on external modules (dll's or exe files) which require SimConnect or other external programs. 

The XML files are XML files - no matter what architecture the app is using. Also, textures and BGL files are not affected... Most sceneries should work I suppose. Of course, there could be issues with effects and how textures are displayed. But they should run. 

What you say makes sense, except that not all the default planes have fully clickable cockpits, and I'm a bit worried about the gauges.  I've not tried this in any way, but I suspect enough under-the-hood changes to the engine have been made where this may not be fully workable for aircraft.  

Scenery, I suspect, will be much easier.  In fact, I think I'll try that with some of my non-Orbx (simple) scenery to see what happens.  

This is just for 'plain' sceneries, for course. Sceneries which makes use of extra effects and features - such as AESLite, SODE or other enhancements which (again require outside modules) won't work - or perhaps they will, but some of these features won't work, so to speak... 

I tried adding some custom ortho with some autogen and also some of my uk2000 airports just to see what happened.

If we end up with a better looking fsx that doesn't oom and then get some add ons then I'd say that is a pretty good place to be.

fsw1.jpg

Chris

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0