Sign in to follow this  
wizzards

FSX 32 bit aircraft and scenery in FSW

just read on the SOH forum that the guys have used mega scenery and added Carenado and Alabeo Cessna's aircraft to FSW ,seemed like they maybe need a bit of tweaking,has any one here tried adding the cant be used 32 bit add ons,I thought anything 32 bit would not work? with a 64 bit sim! well you live and learn don't you,i must say it is great to see people really trying out and experimenting with FSW instead of knocking it! which will simply get us nowhere

Peter

There shouldn't be anything in the way of installing (relatively) simple planes, systems wise, into FSW. As long as they're XML based and aren't relying on external modules (dll's or exe files) which require SimConnect or other external programs. 

The XML files are XML files - no matter what architecture the app is using. Also, textures and BGL files are not affected... Most sceneries should work I suppose. Of course, there could be issues with effects and how textures are displayed. But they should run. 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

What you say makes sense, except that not all the default planes have fully clickable cockpits, and I'm a bit worried about the gauges.  I've not tried this in any way, but I suspect enough under-the-hood changes to the engine have been made where this may not be fully workable for aircraft.  

Scenery, I suspect, will be much easier.  In fact, I think I'll try that with some of my non-Orbx (simple) scenery to see what happens.  

This is just for 'plain' sceneries, for course. Sceneries which makes use of extra effects and features - such as AESLite, SODE or other enhancements which (again require outside modules) won't work - or perhaps they will, but some of these features won't work, so to speak... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I tried adding some custom ortho with some autogen and also some of my uk2000 airports just to see what happened.

If we end up with a better looking fsx that doesn't oom and then get some add ons then I'd say that is a pretty good place to be.

fsw1.jpg

Chris

• Upvote 1

On 5/19/2017 at 1:33 PM, Anders Bermann said:

This is just for 'plain' sceneries, for course. Sceneries which makes use of extra effects and features - such as AESLite, SODE or other enhancements which (again require outside modules) won't work - or perhaps they will, but some of these features won't work, so to speak... 

I tried to enter the PNW Caribbean scenery folders...but FSW says that it can't find the scenery. I know that I have the scenery.cfg syntax correct. FSW does not crash..but a box comes up stating it can't find the scenery...and moves on...

8 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I tried to enter the PNW Caribbean scenery folders...but FSW says that it can't find the scenery. I know that I have the scenery.cfg syntax correct. FSW does not crash..but a box comes up stating it can't find the scenery...and moves on...

My comment is now redundant, as I have PWS Caribbean running great.  Why I keep typing PNW...(ORBX on the brain...)...jeez...lol.

On 5/19/2017 at 10:11 PM, tutmeister said:

I tried adding some custom ortho with some autogen and also some of my uk2000 airports just to see what happened.

If we end up with a better looking fsx that doesn't oom and then get some add ons then I'd say that is a pretty good place to be.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Could you advise your method for getting UK2000 sceneries working in FSW please?    I tried a couple of methods today but got a CTD as soon as I got the flight planning page.    I have both the FSX and P3Dv4 installers for UK2000 sceneries.

Thanks!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Bill,

See my reply to your other post.  If you're trying to use UK2000 Xtreme airports you're very likely to be out of luck.

I had the vfr airports vol 1-3 installed.

They worked until the cold & dark update.

I think the afcads have changed.

Move all files containing af2 out of the uk2000 scenery folders and they work again.

2 hours ago, JYW said:

Hi Chris,

Could you advise your method for getting UK2000 sceneries working in FSW please?    I tried a couple of methods today but got a CTD as soon as I got the flight planning page.    I have both the FSX and P3Dv4 installers for UK2000 sceneries.

Thanks!

Which ones did you try? I have all the latest vfr airfields but haven't tried any extreme ones yet.

Chris

1 minute ago, tutmeister said:

Which ones did you try? I have all the latest vfr airfields but haven't tried any extreme ones yet.

Chris

I tried Bristol Xtreme and Newcastle Xtreme.   Both crash FSW unfortunately.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I suspect there are 32bit parts in them that cause the crashes. See this thread from Gary at uk2000 where he tried Norwich extreme.

http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=cd082e64c775d37c48d99fe8bdf66e94&topic=8857.0

I think the extreme ones have incompatibilities that the more simple vfr packs don't. 

I just added them, I might have left out the common folder though.

Chris

• Upvote 1