Sign in to follow this  
Parping Couplet

Airbus Extended and Aerosoft in General

Have been away from the hobby for some time and I discovered today that the Aerosoft Airbus Extended is no longer supported, effective from last December.

This is by no means an old Aerosoft project and they are still supporting much older software. This wasn't a cheap purchase and I feel rather let down,

Above all that, perhaps, is this company's sluggish attitude to producing P3D V3 installers. They are about the biggest publisher in the industry and yet others are managing to support their products in this regard.

Given the excellent customer support provided by other publishers and developers I'm left to wonder how long Aerosoft will remain at the top?

Rant over. I'm interested in what everyone else thinks.

AFAIK the Airbus extended was released in 2012 - that's at least a  five years old product. And 5 years is a long time for a piece of software. Also their Airbus A318/319/320/321 product is a direct successor to the Airbus extended and fully compatible with P3D latest version and was offered to owners of the Airbus Extended with a 20% discount IIRC. They also have excellent customer support and communication over at their forum on their own website - feel free to let them know about your complaints! 

I think it was released near the end of 2012, so it's not even five years old yet. Just shows, I think, that one needs to factor in these things when choosing whether or not to support developers. As one example, I have Orbx software that's probably 8 or 9 years old and that's still supported.

Honestly, I'd rather have devs give up on old releases in order to make new ones (if they are better - and the current Airbus is clearly better than the Airbus extended) than to maintain backward compatibility to inferior products. And current Aerosoft products come with several installers AFAIK, btw. 

The Extended was updated to a far more capable platform, not done away with.  The Extended is stable and shouldn't require any support.  As has already been mentioned, Extended customers are offered the option to upgrade to a substantially updated A318/A319/A320/A321, and given the extra work that went into that update it's more than worth the small cost.

Speaking of cost... while I understand it's all relative to one's income level, the cost of the Aerosoft Airbus is so RADICALLY lower than any comparable aircraft - even considering the price an Extended owner originally paid and adding the upgrade.  So, relative to other products, it's still a bargin.

We all have our own perspectives of course, so if you feel like ranting then go ahead.  But there is a larger picture that some would consider.

My very best wishes to you.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, domae001 said:

a 20% discount IIRC

Correct

1 hour ago, domae001 said:

They also have excellent customer support and communication

Agree 100%