Sign in to follow this  
iwebber

Sunset Sunrise Flight

Dear all,

Didn't plan posting this one but thought it looked nice.

Doing a MIA-LHR in the old PSS B77W (AAL38) with the sun setting on departure, most of the flight in darkness then the sun rising over Ireland (most annoying IRL but fortunately my monitor isn't as bright as the sun!).

Sitting at the gate, attaching the pushback truck with the sun setting behind us and the city in the background.

y4mi2kp3pO5899mDTlBkWAkN8a5ocVPqJFmHMgRG

Looking out of my window on departure

y4m-ZvrecM31CO1UdEmAhY5Hm6rSX7FSV5c5z_1m

Climbing away from the setting sun...

y4mYrww1ZuVdYiV1J4xf2g53D1rS2xG7JYleGkgp

y4m4j1zwZ_SzG6M7oxASrr9RPgljIfsMoVkSS8p_

Starting to set now...

y4m0rp9Q2OR9UCLwkTTouiBJoXV-L4KMIwm7-YXR

Skipper looks over his shoulder at the setting sun.

y4mRP9iMLALbIOmOXZXHf7vvXabvRE3jorUrQ6_7

Lost it's 'redness' now...

y4mVKR0bwHHAFCfdl0W3KZ5f1ID5gAdnfel2aOVl

The sun set and it was dark for quite a few hours... on returning from my rest Mr Sun popped up his head up again in an attempt to burn away my retina, thanks Mr Sun, I'm sure I won't need them for anything important... like a medical.

y4m8NYwZ8HiC8uflFLXDfimJMDptaVwegSxiZbuJ

The familiar red hue returns as we realise we forgot to turn off the logo lights...

y4mI1wu_N0NjrDGDFTvuBy3n5nOdFdqpH8agY5kM

y4m5iTPfB7EsJxXBXc-mdZuPcg6bFo5Hi3C-RPpX

Uneventful descent and hold but I had the ND on a lower scale than usual and vectored myself in too tight and wasn't stable at 1000ft (doh!) so we went around. Second time was much better...

Cheers all,

Ian

• Upvote 1

Beautiful FS9 shots!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.