Sign in to follow this  
Scandinavianaviator

This device (insert graphic card) has stopped working for the following reasons :"dxgi_error_device_hung"

Hi all.. Again.. 

after a almost 10 hr flight, i got the following message that "This device (insert graphic card) has stopped working for the following reasons :"dxgi_error_device_hung"..

Earlier today i did a 3hr flight, and nothing happened... I have the latest Nvdidia drivers. My graphic card is the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760.

I hope someone can help me..

Regards.

This has to be the poor SLI handling by P3D, it happens to me sometimes I learned to live with this until next best thing comes along.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

are you using fslabs spotlights??  I had this warning followed by a device crash intermittently until I disabled spotlights.

Lon Duncombe

2 hours ago, Scandinavianaviator said:

Hi all.. Again.. 

after a almost 10 hr flight, i got the following message that "This device (insert graphic card) has stopped working for the following reasons :"dxgi_error_device_hung"..

Earlier today i did a 3hr flight, and nothing happened... I have the latest Nvdidia drivers. My graphic card is the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760.

I hope someone can help me..

Regards.

I would be curious to know if you have the following in your registry.  Under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers" do you have an entry of TdrDelay with a value of hex 8?  Also, what OS?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

When i begun to receive this message more than twice i understood something was going bad with the windows 10. I had the "windows 10 creators". Since then, all have been bad.

So i run and re-installed the first version of windows 10. It means: no xbox gaming mode and many other things.

The driver? : NVIDIA: 376.33.

Disabled "windows update" on "services".

Fiber frame time fraction on prepar3d.cfg.

finished! and: yeah! again something very smooth with great VAS.

Windows 10 is wonderfull..but "creators" version has to continue it works of growing up.

:)

I got this error often until I disabled my unused on board video adapter in the bios.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, angeli662 said:

This has to be the poor SLI handling by P3D

Actually, the error has nothing to do with SLI.  The P3D forums (link above) have a lot of info on this error.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.