Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Manual Does not Cover This Procedure

According to B744 pilots that were in our beta, it's not wrong to use A/T to landing nor wrong to disconnect A/T before landing.  It depends on company procedures.  What have found is disconnecting A/T should be a little before disconnecting A/P, and it's just a matter of experience to handle the pitch-power coupling. It has to be anticipated.

Dan Downs KCRP

Pushing the yoke forward after touchdown of the nose gear is to put extra weight on the nose gear. This enhances directional control on the runway. 

Furthermore the B747 has a tendency to pitch up during the automatic speedbrake/spoilers application upon touchdown. I counter this by giving a very gentle push on the yoke after main gear touchdown. Thereafter increase back pressure a bit again to save the nose gear:laugh:

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:29 AM, skelsey said:

Hello,

That's because you're looking in the wrong book. FCTM section 6, specifically 6.8 onward, has a great deal of information about landing technique.

Unfortunately, PMDG don't supply a copy of the FCTM, so here's one I wrote earlier: 

Is that the training manual that has 318 pages?

Ken Manning

The B744 FCTM couldn't be included with the product for distribution only due to cost.  In fact, there is a lot of nice to have documentation that PMDG had access to under license to Boeing but not for distribution.  I don't know how many pages it has but I assume it varies on date and has modified by operator.  What do you have with 318 pages?

Dan Downs KCRP

On 2017-5-25 at 5:10 AM, Orlaam said:

I never said I was a real pilot at all.  I also never criticized the PMDG 744 either.  I simply said it was easy to land IMO, in the sim.  People are reading between the lines with my comments.

Actually you said 744v3 was too easy to land. That sounded like a criticism to me. I didn't say you said you were a real pilot either. It was clear you weren't. My point was that only a real 744 pilot could properly judge whether the 744v3 was too easy.

ki9cAAb.jpg