Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

screenshot request

18 minutes ago, petkez said:

All they have done is made FSX 64Bit.  No advancement at all in the other areas. Still basically a 2007 program!

They've improved also improved the graphics, and it looks like some of the CPU workload is now on the GPU. That's really all I wanted in a new sim.

• Upvote 1

Petkez,

I am wondering if your statement is quite correct.  Please note that I have not tried FSW but what I have gleaned from many sources on this forum (Avsim) is, that it is indeed a 64bit FSX with less aircraft (albeit better quality defaults) and many bugs which have been introduced into FSX which were not there previously. So, in truth, it is not even up to 2007 standards but it does have improved graphics.  

It is early access and there is hope that some or all of these glitches are going to be fixed.  However, DTG has not had a good track record in this area. (according to some posters) 

I live in hope but I am a publicly stated fence sitter at the moment.  Until we get airliners, bizjets and some  good quality turboprops this sim is not for me, even if it improves all its problems.  I think we all need to be patient with this platform.

In conclusion, I think it a little sad that DTG promised us a new Flight Simulator and what we got was, in reality, a 64bit FSX with faults. Even saying that, I have to admit that I hoped for more even though that is precisely what a lot of people actually asked DTG to provide.

Having stated that, I think I/we have really gone off topic as this has nothing to do with screenshots.

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott   

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 hour ago, fsxkitty said:

They've improved also improved the graphics, and it looks like some of the CPU workload is now on the GPU. That's really all I wanted in a new sim.

I wouldn't call that 'improved'. That looks like a giant leap backwards. My fsx AND my fs9 look better then that. That looks terrible. No offence. Not your fault. 

Will get some and video and post for you in the next few hours

Edited by Novawing24

2 hours ago, petkez said:

All they have done is made FSX 64Bit.  No advancement at all in the other areas. Still basically a 2007 program!

That is not the case at all.  P3D v.3 is closer to that.  FSW includes an enhanced version of FTX Global [an add-on that you have to pay like $40 for to make P3D scenery look as good as FSW].

Plus the scenery is just one aspect of the sim.  There are also the aircraft, which have a much better flight models than FTX (or, in my opinion, than the default P3D GA planes).

You have to actually fly the aircraft to see how much better FSW feels over FSX.

Don't get me wrong, because FSW still has a LONG way to go before it would ever become my preferred flight sim, but I think they are on the right path, considering this is still in development.

• Upvote 2

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Again you are comparing an early access sim with a full version product with tweaks and add-ons, it is obvious there are simmers who want this to fail judging by some post. So there preferred platform will reign supreme so sad.

When P3Dv4 comes out don't worry I will not judge it I will let the users do that.

Ray Fry. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

luckily i sorted my problems with FSW out and i`m now able to start it.

Looks like FSX on steroids, or Flight School 2.0. But it´s OK for Early Access. I just hope they implement real weather download.

34791985675_afbcb299a3_h.jpg

34629570232_24d64d7ec4_h.jpg

34751787436_6c9a3d43e5_h.jpg

34751779326_5c8ca50bd2_h.jpg

34406094600_6dc9c7b397_h.jpg

34629542932_e99295ab8d_h.jpg

14 hours ago, Arwen said:

That is not the case at all.  P3D v.3 is closer to that.  FSW includes an enhanced version of FTX Global [an add-on that you have to pay like $40 for to make P3D scenery look as good as FSW].

Plus the scenery is just one aspect of the sim.  There are also the aircraft, which have a much better flight models than FTX (or, in my opinion, than the default P3D GA planes).

You have to actually fly the aircraft to see how much better FSW feels over FSX.

Don't get me wrong, because FSW still has a LONG way to go before it would ever become my preferred flight sim, but I think they are on the right path, considering this is still in development.

I did fly the aircraft. The twin Diamond DA42 needed 1.5km of rwy to take off and after landing I couldn't get the toe brakes to slow it down.  Over shot a 2.5km rwy! So yeah its really good!

Edited by petkez

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Petkez --- Check the sensitivity setting on your controllers. I had lengthy braking also when I first loaded the sim. I moved my brakes up to 10 and now they work much better.

As for using too much runway, I haven't had that problem. Again check your controllers and make sure your flaps and trim assignments are set right.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Same for me, no problems at all with the DA42 on either takeoff or landing. Sounds like a problem somewhere with controllers.

Try flying with keyboard/mouse to see if the same problems occur.

Barry Friedman

On 5/20/2017 at 11:16 AM, Bobsk8 said:

On my monitor it looks OK with sunglasses on.   :wacko:

Same here... highlights blown to kingdom come for starters.  There is HDR and poorly done HDR hehe.  This shot shows the latter imo

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |