I did the edits that another member got and my CHT's in climb is well over 400 like 445 what do I do to the CHT cooling value to bring it down to less then 400 in climb?

I guess you're talking of the value I changed to get more realistic CHT. I'm surprised you get this temperature. I often climb wtih this plane to FL up to 230  and I never got a temp so high in climb. The maximum I get is 410. I use the the normal climb power of 35.5/2500 and 32GPH with the climb speed of 125kt. Probably you use maximum continous climb power to get this temp! Anyway you have to reduce the"CHT Scale Factor" and the"CHT Rate of Change" and maybe the last one first.

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

A few clarifications at least concerning the RW manual.

The engine has been designed to be operated continously at 2500RPM and full throttle (or 42in). Optimum climb speed is 110kts and the maximum CHT is 500°F.

As long as you are staying below the 500°F, everything is ok.

33 minutes ago, J35OE said:

A few clarifications at least concerning the RW manual.

The engine has been designed to be operated continously at 2500RPM and full throttle (or 42in). Optimum climb speed is 110kts and the maximum CHT is 500°F.

As long as you are staying below the 500°F, everything is ok.

This is not stated ilike that in the RW manual. As far as I understand there are two types of climb : a maximum continuous power climb(page 4.14 of the RW manual) which is the one you're talking about, and a cruise climb(page 4.15) the one I'm talking about and I use . And also with the maximum continuous climb you can use 125kts(There are a perf chart for 110kts and another one for 125). Should be interesting to know what the owners use mostly and I guess it depends of the length of the flight.

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

This info is from the RW manual.  You only need the max performance climb if you need the best climb rate possible. In the standard case you use the cruise climb, which results in a flatter, more comfortable attitude, better cooling, less strain on the engine and more distance covered in less time.

However the max climb is of course possible without exceeding any limits.

Edited by J35OE

I'll try it again I'll do the same settings but I'm going to edit the CHT cooling a bit

I tried the maximum continuous power climb and I got a CHT of 435-440! The numbers seem high because they are °F, en °C it gives 224-227°C which is pretty fine at high power and low speed! As J35OE said it's OK as long as you don't exceed 500°F(260°C)

Cheers

Pat

Patrick Mussotte