Sign in to follow this  
sultanofswing

Dual monitor problems

I run 2 monitors and in FSW I am having an issue.  Running the sim is causing it to render the sim on both monitors.  1st monitor is showing the sim properly, 2nd monitor is blacked out but causes the framerate to drop in half.  If I put the sim in Windowed mode it works properly.

Anyone else having this issue?

1 hour ago, sultanofswing said:

I run 2 monitors and in FSW I am having an issue.  Running the sim is causing it to render the sim on both monitors.  1st monitor is showing the sim properly, 2nd monitor is blacked out but causes the framerate to drop in half.  If I put the sim in Windowed mode it works properly.

Anyone else having this issue?

You have to give more info. video card, SLI or not, do you have widescreen enabled etc?

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

2 minutes ago, angeli662 said:

You have to give more info. video card, SLI or not, do you have widescreen enabled etc?

There is no option in FSW for widescreen, the only options are your resolution and whether you want multi monitor, which I have disabled.

1 minute ago, sultanofswing said:

There is no option in FSW for widescreen, the only options are your resolution and whether you want multi monitor, which I have disabled.

go to FSW.cfg and change from 0 to 1

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

6 minutes ago, angeli662 said:

go to FSW.cfg and change from 0 to 1

Didn't make a difference.  I am not running SLI by the way.

So what you are trying to do is Sim on one monitor and instruments on the other?

Just now, angeli662 said:

So what you are trying to do is Sim on one monitor and instruments on the other?

No only sim on 1 monitor. Only way it works that way is windowed mode

You probably have on Nvidia Control Panel expand desktop enabled, try to unable it.

5 minutes ago, angeli662 said:

You probably have on Nvidia Control Panel expand desktop enabled, try to unable it.

Not sure if you are understanding what is going on here. In FSX,P3D or XP with my monitor configuration the sim is only displayed on monitor 1 while the 2nd monitor just displays the desktop.

In FSW the sim is displayed on monitor 1, Monitor 2 is blacked out.  So the issue here is with FSW.

I do understand now, so FSW is running in windowed mode in one and the other is blacked out if so have tried to drag the sim to the other monitor? it also might be the way FSW UI was created. unfortunately, I run mine in 3 monitors in SLI bezeled configuration.

5 minutes ago, angeli662 said:

I do understand now, so FSW is running in windowed mode in one and the other is blacked out if so have tried to drag the sim to the other monitor? it also might be the way FSW UI was created. unfortunately, I run mine in 3 monitors in SLI bezeled configuration.

The issue is only in fullscreen mode.  In windowed mode it works properly.

3 minutes ago, sultanofswing said:

The issue is only in fullscreen mode.  In windowed mode it works properly.

If you open Nvidia CP on the top menu right click on desktop, what you have on dropdown menu?

1 minute ago, angeli662 said:

If you open Nvidia CP on the top menu right click on desktop, what you have on dropdown menu?

Not sure what you are getting at?

11 minutes ago, sultanofswing said:

Not sure what you are getting at?

I did a test here on my and FSW takes over all 3 monitor 1 for the sim the other are blacked out, if this is like P3D it has a setting to black or to show the desktop. not sure if can be inserted into the FSW.cfg file.

10 minutes ago, angeli662 said:

I did a test here on my and FSW takes over all 3 monitor 1 for the sim the other are blacked out, if this is like P3D it has a setting to black or to show the desktop. not sure if can be inserted into the FSW.cfg file.

I actually was looking at the 2 configs side by side and I added what was in my P3D config. Sadly it didn't fix the issue.