Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

Another P3Der to XP trial thoughts...just for sharing and discussion

This is a pilot who compares the two sims. I think he talks about ground physics and how X-plane is more like in real life then the other sim. Judge by yourself.

Yes, but he is talking about flight physics. He mentions the problems with ground physics. I'm a pilot who owns a taildragger. Trust me, the ground physics in XP are broken. 

8 minutes ago, Griphos said:

Yes, but he is talking about flight physics. He mentions the problems with ground physics. I'm a pilot who owns a taildragger. Trust me, the ground physics in XP are broken. 

Another pilot here.... agreed... the ground physics are completely effed up.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

14 minutes ago, Griphos said:

yes same here. way too touchy on takeoff roll and even turning on taxi ..like your on ice. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Considering for how long flight simulators have been around and what kind of hardware we have available to us today and what that hardware is capable of isn't it a bit weird how basic things such as how the aircraft should behave on the ground still is an issue in mid 2017?

Richard Åsberg

Yes - sometimes the priorities at LR are a bit odd.  But they typically do address these sorts of things as long as users continue to make bug reports.

Which is here btw: http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Griphos said:

Aha, then we hope it gets fixed soon then. Thats a good part with LR, is the constant updating.

As a long time FSX guy, I have been having fun with XPlane.  But I would kill for an FSUIPC add on.  The sensitivity settings for joysticks and yokes are terrible.  And could they please also cut the "if you want total realism, set the slider to 0"  which is total BS.  I'm not a pilot but I do have some stick time in a 172 and a professional 777 simulator at United Airlines.  That ain't total realism....

1 hour ago, montanasimmer said:

As a long time FSX guy, I have been having fun with XPlane.  But I would kill for an FSUIPC add on.  The sensitivity settings for joysticks and yokes are terrible.  And could they please also cut the "if you want total realism, set the slider to 0"  which is total BS.  I'm not a pilot but I do have some stick time in a 172 and a professional 777 simulator at United Airlines.  That ain't total realism....

I adjusted my joystick setting close to what I think they should be, and it works fine with me

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

18 hours ago, montanasimmer said:

Here are my sensitivity settings and they work fine without any issues.

kuJiI9Y.png

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

18 hours ago, montanasimmer said:

The menu panel says "maximum realism" not "total realism." I think it's reasonable to assume means the best realism attainable for a given aircraft model. Nowhere does the sim claim to be a perfect simulation of reality.

The sensitivity settings work fine here, for a Thrustmaster Warthog joystick and throttle, and Saitek Pro Combat pedals. Check your calibration in Windows before using the XP11 settings. Sometimes that can cause problems if the Windows calibration is off.

FWIW, I'm using 50% Control Response (centering) and 15% Stability Augmentation. That amount of Stability is about the maximum I can use without interfering with the built-in SAS for the helicopter models I fly. I do like having that small amount added, for a few of the more twitchy fixed wing models. It's a compromise so I don't have to keep going into the settings to change between fixed wing and helicopters.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I think there is fair point here. Flight control calibration depend on developers preset/recommendations and your own adjustments. It's not uniformly apply for all aircraft.

P.S. By the way, in real life the same aircraft may have different "feel" or control feedback. I used to get complains from a veteran pilot that my 172P control tension  resembled him O2 that he flew in Vietnam. Upon further investigation with discovered with my A&P (mechanic) the cause of that phenomena and re-rig control cables.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

By the way, there is a popular free/donationware utility called X-Assign:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/12551-x-assign-linmacwin3264/

This saves control settings including center null and sensitivity per aircraft, instead of globally. So that's a good way to further fine-tune your settings. I should try it one of these days, but so far I've been getting along okay with global settings.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

8 hours ago, Paraffin said:

By the way, there is a popular free/donationware utility called X-Assign:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/12551-x-assign-linmacwin3264/

This saves control settings including center null and sensitivity per aircraft, instead of globally. So that's a good way to further fine-tune your settings. I should try it one of these days, but so far I've been getting along okay with global settings.

It is not yet fully supported for XP11....it is a wonderful tool, but with the latest Xp11 Beta it does not cooperate well, it causes a lot of CTD. Developer is aware and working on a fix.

personally having had the chance to use an "yoko the yoke" at a friends house, i pretty much concluded for myself that all my sensitivity problems are down to my x52 or saitek yoke. It is incredible what good hardware does to the sim.